Author Topic: Ebay gold  (Read 9579 times)

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
Re: Ebay gold
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 09:35:31 PM »
That guy buys storage units that haven't kept up with their payments.  I think in one of the write ups he mentions that he is selling everything that was in the unit except for the personal documents that he is giving back to the owner.  Sad to hear it came to this. :cry:
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 09:51:11 PM »
I posted without looking at the link where the sellers says that he buys storage units.  About 15 years ago at the Pomona swap meet a guy had bout a storage unit and was selling all of Ritchie Ginthers trophies. I dint have the money as I just bought some parts, but my buddy ended up buying his F1 trophy from Honda's first F1 win.
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 10:15:16 PM »
I sure don't see $22,000 worth of value there?

Who wants someone else's timing tags and helmets?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 10:21:30 PM »
He's nothing but a bottom feeder...taking advantage of someones loss...$22k yeah right.... I'm sure he bought the unit for less than a grand.... look at some of his auctions $500 for a trophy $750 for a timing tag...... opportunistic bastard.... lets collectively agree to not buy anything from his auctions..
Kent

Offline hawkwind

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 01:43:16 AM »
as much as it pains me to say , I agree with Kent 100%   :-)
slower than most

Offline willieworld

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 02:08:21 AM »
amen

willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 09:57:49 AM »
Ket and all. It's whatever the traffic will bear. There are a few red record tags and 1 I see from Muroc. The high price tags on E-Bay are usually very old; not from the 90's This guiy is looking for a fast buck and it will won't happen the way he's doing it. All the stuff individually will bring more$$ but it would take a long time and this guy probably won't do it. 
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline jack13

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 06:54:40 PM »
He is a S.O.B.

Model T Steve

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 08:09:24 PM »
That is one great looking roadster trophy!

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 08:50:04 PM »
How about this EBay find my Arkansas buddy spotted today.

Like to have one of 'em just because!

Probly set it on the front porch.
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 08:57:25 PM »

At a grand $ it is probably as cheap as you can get one....  :roll:  all you have to do then is change your name....  I thought about entering a best offer of a buck for the lot.... Naw, the SOB wouldn't take it anyway.  :|
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 12:35:25 AM »
It's tough to see this treasure trove lost for want of the cost of a storage facility.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 10:19:44 AM »

At a grand $ it is probably as cheap as you can get one....  :roll:  all you have to do then is change your name....  I thought about entering a best offer of a buck for the lot.... Naw, the SOB wouldn't take it anyway.  :|

I already made him an offer for the tags, trophies and certs..he was not interested, I even mentioned I was going to return the articles in my offer and he said no thanks.... :roll:

J

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 11:33:13 AM »
Boy -- I'm sure missing the big picture. 

Treasure trove?  Why would you want someone else's trophy or timing tag.  Or an no-longer-can-be-used helmet.  Some of the old trophies are sorta cool ($10?).

Whoever won this stuff either no longer cares or is around, I would suspect.  And probably put them in storage rather than appreciate them.

Our trophy for the Bonneville record this year was given to the team member most responsible -- his first, I think.  Hopefully it means something to him, but what would it mean to you?

The placque that BMR used to display ought to be in Fort Knox at this rate.  Doug Robinson could comfortably retire if old timing tags are worth big bucks.  I guess some street rodders like them for their bogus cars, but we all know what they really are, don't we?

Stan Back
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"