Author Topic: A lending hand  (Read 1998 times)

Offline dbcjmc

• New folks
A lending hand
« on: July 24, 2020, 02:28:10 PM »
Just throwing it out there - I'm building a bike to run at Bonneville in a future year.  This year I'd like to attend in a support function to help a rider or a team.  If anyone is need of an extra hand for support on your effort, please give me a shout.  It'd be great to participate more than just spectate. 
Cheers, db

Offline 07R1LSR

Re: A lending hand
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 05:26:26 PM »
I did the same thing before building a bike to get in the fight.  You learn a lot if you can team up with someone knowledgeable!

Offline dbcjmc

• New folks
Re: A lending hand
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 11:38:12 PM »
A little more about myself. 
I'm a former WERA, AFM, CCS, USGPRU road racer. I'm mechanically adept having tuned my own race bikes and restore vintage bikes as well.   I will completely pay my own way and have a place to stay.  I crewed for a team at Bonneville in 2018 and want to attend this year as a participant knowing full well that it?s early hours, long hot days, tedious tasks like cleaning, timing, holding fire extinguishers etc. but I did that and loved it!  My personal Bonneville project took some delays owing to some life events and plan to run in '21 if all goes well.  This year, I just want to participate more than just spectate. 
I would be happy and grateful for a hook up with a team or even small effort. 
Cheers, db