Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Aerodynamics / Re: C/GALT Body Stretch??
« Last post by Speed Limit 1000 on Today at 07:22:47 PM »
MRK -- Thank you for the years of service.

It was a good run and I hope that I'm remembered for being a positive contributor to the cause.
Cheers  :cheers:
[/quote

MRK Our car Lakester #1000 has set a few records over the years and we always believed that you were a positive contributor to the cause. Thank you for your help making Bonneville so special

John
« Last post by MRK on Today at 06:02:55 PM »

I just got cornfused about a car with windshield rules.  Seems like the discussion bounced back and forth between Altered, Comp, and a little Gas.  I've been more involved in running a car with no windshield.

In no way was I trying to infer that your integrity was not the best.  In years past, before you did your service, you and I were both witness to a disqualification where an official, reading a rule, added words to it and it led to not certifying a record.  In retrospect, I still owned the record.

I'm sad that you were "let go" along with Slim.
(I bailed after 10 or so years on my own accord as I was getting stressed out by someone who knew the job better than my 50 years in the field.)

Hey Stan.
Thanks for the recognition.
I was a witness to your incident as I had just started training with DW. I saw a side of him that day that did not sit well with me. I always made sure that I went about my business and didn't let my personal feelings about a competitor get in the way of my duties.
It was a good run and I hope that I'm remembered for being a positive contributor to the cause.
Cheers  :cheers:
« Last post by Stan Back on Today at 04:57:46 PM »

I just got cornfused about a car with windshield rules.  Seems like the discussion bounced back and forth between Altered, Comp, and a little Gas.  I've been more involved in running a car with no windshield.

In no way was I trying to infer that your integrity was not the best.  In years past, before you did your service, you and I were both witness to a disqualification where an official, reading a rule, added words to it and it led to not certifying a record.  In retrospect, I still owned the record.

I'm sad that you were "let go" along with Slim.
(I bailed after 10 or so years on my own accord as I was getting stressed out by someone who knew the job better than my 50 years in the field.) 
« Last post by 71GSSDemon on Today at 05:57:30 AM »
I dont feel that way at all.  Everyone stayed on topic and had good discussions.  A story and some background is good. 
« Last post by MRK on April 30, 2024, 10:27:53 PM »
Thank you for all the replies.
Yeah, your thread kinda got highjacked. Sorry about that.
Good luck with your build.
« Last post by 71GSSDemon on April 30, 2024, 07:53:14 PM »
Thank you for all the replies. 
Build Diaries / Re: Springfield Flyer.
« Last post by ronnieroadster on April 30, 2024, 07:36:58 PM »
 Mike what your building is the ultimate when it comes to earth bound high speed vehicles. Here in the U.S. your what I call the ultimate back yard Hot Rodder you chose to build from the ground up with own hands in a Streamliner that even the best of us here on this forum find overwhelming. Don't give up on your dream as others have written take time off and give this a rest for a bit. When your ready to get back at it you will be refreshed and looking forward to going back on figuring out the next challenge. I have no doubt once you return to the build what ever detail is next to complete you will figure it out and then be ready to move on to the next detail.

For all of us here as Stainless wrote this is a minor sport in our country. When I tell someone I meet about my crazy addiction land speed racing most have no clue as to what I'm telling them. Why anyone of us are involved in this is pretty simple we have a desire to go fast and build our dream to accomplish the task.

And there's also that other detail the feeling of one day actually making a pass on the Bonneville Salt flats a place many of us call Mecca its a religious experience.
Knowing what we just did after that first pass ever and the history of the others who did this as well before us is very emotional. One day your going to fell this as well.  Don't give up just take a break and things hopefully will sort out.

Hopefully this will bring a smile.
   We all know what the initial's SCTA stands for of course.
 However the initial's also stand for Senior Citizen Timing Association. Many of us myself included fit into this category Senior Citizen it took old age and many years of dedication to get to the salt. 
  Ronnieroadster 
« Last post by MRK on April 30, 2024, 07:13:12 PM »

Yeah MRK after seeing a picture of auto Power car and reading the rule book I can see your point

The wording needs to be changed because why should a Gas Coupe be allowed more streamling than
a Comp Coup as far as hood scoops.

Auto power put small hole in front as extra air intake :-P

MRK thanks for 11 years of service :cheers:

jl222

John,
It's not about body class as much as it is about how the hood scoop rule is applied.
The air intake in the front of that car is legal because streamlining forward of the cowl is allowed.
Thanks for the propers. I had a good time working with the SCTA. Saw some historic racing and met some great people.
What more could a boy ask for?
Now I can attend the races and actually enjoy them again. See you in May!
Cheers.

« Last post by jl222 on April 30, 2024, 06:54:29 PM »

Yeah MRK after seeing a picture of auto Power car and reading the rule book I can see your point

The wording needs to be changed because why should a Gas Coupe be allowed more streamling than
a Comp Coup as far as hood scoops.

Auto power put small hole in front as extra air intake :-P

MRK thanks for 11 years of service :cheers:

jl222
Build Diaries / Re: Springfield Flyer.
« Last post by floydjer on April 30, 2024, 03:04:10 PM »
Everything worth having takes time. Carry on, JB
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10