Author Topic: Jim Dunn  (Read 4967 times)

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
Jim Dunn
« on: October 25, 2006, 01:25:53 PM »
Jim Dunn like many folks in the SCTA read this forum... they may not post much but they do read it....

In response to my wanting to hear Jim's thoughts on this whole thing... Jim just called me and had a nice conversation about Jim Lattin's points and his opinions on them....  He predicated the conversation with kind words for Jim Lattin and stated that he felt that any response here could easily turn into something other then it was intended to be....

So I'll suffice it to say they both care deeply about the organization and each have there own merits...  those of us that are SCTA members did receive information in the mail and can vote accordingly...
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline Bob Drury

Jim Dunn
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 01:45:57 PM »
Keith, I might add to that by saying that I had a problem getting the SCTA magazine, and Jim called me and assured me the problem would be fixed.  It was, and I appreciated the response.  This doesn't mean I am voting for him, just that I felt he did a good job on this matter.  He was very personable to chat with, and I think he represents the small guy trying to do his best.      Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Jim Dunn
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 01:58:13 PM »
Keith thats why I don't believe that SCTA / BNI politics have a place on this web site. There are many BNI racers that only run at Bonneville and don't even know most of the SCTA people. How can they make a fair judgement of someone. SCTA is a lakes org. and all of the offices that go with it. They select and appoint the BNI board to operate the racing on the salt.

I fully understand that people want to know whats going on and if they belong to a club they should get the news letters etc. from their club. The Gear Grinders put out a new letter  by e-mail and a hard copy for non computer users. The club reps do one hell of a job to bring information to the club meeting to discuss, vote on etc.

There is enough rumors and bad press by some people that wish to start a pissing contest. Having been a member for many years and a past board member for many of those I have seen a lot of water under the bridge. I have served under about 10 presidents and board members.

I don't always agree or like what I see but I have the right to vote each year because I am a member. As in all politics there will be finger pointing and name calling putting the blame elsewhere.

It's up to SCTA if they want to publish information on their web site or not at all.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
Jim Dunn
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 04:29:24 PM »
Glen I still don't agree with you on this point...

The SCTA should never live behind closed doors to those that don't attend the El Mirage meets... or aren't members of the SCTA...

The reality is that the SCTA is often ( and rightly so in my opinion ) looked upon as the world leader in Land Speed Racing...  As a leader sharing the information process with those who hold them in high esteem does nothing but increase the credibility of the organization...

The nature of the beast here is that if you want the respect of the world...then you have to step up and join it....

A spirited debate on the merits of 3-4 course next year would do all of us a world of good.... it might even expand the horizons of those seeking these positions...

Bad mouthing and name calling instantly gets your opponent  the vote in my book.... so I don't think that is exactly what would happen here....

But I'm willing to let you be right in your opinion Glen.... LOL...  

Keith ( by the way both of these guys like the idea of more then 2 courses, that statement was used as an example )
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

landracing

Jim Dunn
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 10:21:24 PM »
And I also disagree with Glen....

When MY...OUR...EVERYBODIES... BNI money goes to SCTA is some fashion we should be able to know what goes on....

When BNI money funds EL MIRAGE PROPERTY I think people have every right to know what goes on.... AT ANY level of the BNI or SCTA....

WHEN BNI (SPEEDWEEK and WORLD FINALS) is run and the rules are goverened and made VIA EL MIRAGE Activities we have a right to know....

Jon

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Jim Dunn
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 10:28:09 PM »
I met Jim Dunn at speedweek this year. he came over when we were in impound. I didnt know him and he didnt know me so we introduced ourselves and had a wonderfull chat. nice guy, I like him!
kent

JohnR

Jim Dunn
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 11:00:52 PM »
Whenever I think of Jim Dunn I just think of a totally honest & nice guy who works his butt off for the SCTA and the BNI. I would not have the slightest apprehension trusting him to hold my keys & wallet when I made a run, if you know what I mean.

Offline 1212FBGS

Jim Dunn
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 03:32:22 AM »
So Romiro

Offline 1212FBGS

Jim Dunn
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 03:41:33 AM »
So Romona

JohnR

Jim Dunn
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 12:16:27 PM »
Quote from: 1212FBGS
So Romiro
speaking of honesty... are you running one of those Aem ems boxes with traction controll on your car???? Ya gonna race the november meet? would ya mind if we impounded your car at the end of the course and checked your box now would ya?

JohnR

Jim Dunn
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 12:24:51 PM »
So Romona
just on your web site... i see rick is using one of your boxes. Arn't those boxes one of those new fangled lap top programable, windows programed thingies. so anyone computer savy can just plug in his lap top and just download the program and see whats goin on?
arn't those thingies wonderfull. maybe we'll finally get to meet each other.... at the end of the track when your car comes to a stop. then maybe we can talk and you can show me your computer bling i meen program.
boy this gets funner every day,
kent

Offline 1212FBGS

Jim Dunn
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 12:35:20 PM »
Romona
I was running a race car, not running my mouth like you do. I called you a second grader months ago. It figgers you cant come up with your own insults.

JohnR

Jim Dunn
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 12:38:07 PM »
Romona
I was running a race car, not running my mouth like you do. I called you a second grader months ago. It figgers you cant come up with your own insults.

Could you please stop hijacking an important thread about the future direction of the SCTA with your childish antics.

Offline jimmy six

Jim Dunn
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 06:34:28 PM »
Jon A.............. Please Delete this thread and cut these 2 off for a few days.....I do not think this is why you started this site so thse 2 could act like children....$.02.... ](*,)  =;
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

JohnR

Jim Dunn
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 06:54:50 PM »
Quote from: jimmy six
Jon A.............. Please Delete this thread and cut these 2 off for a few days.....I do not think this is why you started this site so thse 2 could act like children....$.02.... ](*,)  =;

No Worries JD, I see Kent removed his offending posts so I will remove my responses to him as well.

Yours in Sport
John Romero