Author Topic: Megasquirt  (Read 3383 times)

Offline Reverend Hedgash

Megasquirt
« on: August 08, 2006, 07:55:50 PM »
In last weeks Chat Room session, Sum suggested we look at the Megasquirt system as an engine computer for our belly tank.

I have started to research this system and it seems pretty much the ticket but I was wondering if anyone can give their experience, pros or cons to the system, and any advice as to exactly which version I should be chasing for Salt Lake Racing requirements.

Some relevent information on our project:

We are running a  3.8litre V6 GMC Holden Commodore engine and plan to be naturally aspirated on normal gasolene next year.

In the not too distant future we envision hopping up to supercharged, turbo, alcohol options so it would be good to get a system that we could learn how to use that would be good for these too.

Any alternative systems suggested greatly appreciated too.

Good luck to all at Bonneville.

Rev. H+

Offline maj

ecu
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 09:13:38 PM »
Hey Rev
Have a chat to Steve at http://www.efihardware.com/efi_ecu.html and specificaly ask about the Wolf 3d v4 . http://www.wolfems.com.au
I'm sure they have config files for your engine and you have locally made product with local support.
If the price is more than you want to spend just think how much it would cost in dyno yime to map from the beginning .
Or there is ebay!!

Offline GH

megasquirt
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 09:38:47 AM »
Hi Rev, I am running a megasquirt on a Studebaker, twin turbo big block Chevrolet,  this a new setup for me but the Megasquirt is working well. Get in touch with Scott Clark or Jerry Hoffman. I will get their email addresses a little later, got to go to work now.

Offline GH

megasquirt
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 09:52:50 AM »
Hi Rev. Here is the email addresses. scottc@spectreperformance.com     and Jerry Hoffman  foundsoul9@yahoo.com

Offline Reverend Hedgash

Contacts
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 08:01:33 PM »
Thanks Gary,

I shall indeed contact them.

Best of luck with the stude, I sure like that twin turbo setup.

220mph = 350kph which sounds a good target for this year...

Rev H+

Offline dieselgeek

Re: Contacts
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 02:09:48 AM »
Quote from: Reverend Hedgash
Thanks Gary,

I shall indeed contact them.

Best of luck with the stude, I sure like that twin turbo setup.

220mph = 350kph which sounds a good target for this year...

Rev H+

Rev - saw your email JUST as I was leaving for Bonneville!!!  I'll respond to it as soon as I get home.  There are a ton of MS users in your neck of the woods, we can help you get set up.  It's a great system...

Crossing our fingers that Gary's setup gets him into the 2-club at Bonneville...

talk to you soon,
-scott