August 7th, 2007
The water at Land's End is receding. The weather is hot and sunny and should continue that way through the entire meet. The registration area, pits and impound area have been surrounded by fencing tape. The timing stand and start line is in place. Preparation efforts on the courses progressing nicely. We will be referring to the courses as Course 1 (West/left side) and Course 2 (East/right side). Initially Course 1 will be short with the possibility of being extended later. Course 2 will be a long course.
August 6th, 2007
Our crews have provided the following update from the hot and sunny salt: There will be two courses available for Speed Week 2007. They will be in the normal configuration of one long and one short course. The long course has been established and is being dragged. The short course will be established this afternoon and dragging will commence tomorrow. Currently the weather is hot and dry and is expected to remain that way through the week.
August 5th, 2007 3:59 PM MT - SCTA ADDITIONAL REPORT
The three courses we originally prepped for Speed Week are no longer available. Course # 1 is underwater with lots of potholes. Course # 2 is partially underwater, and course # 3 still looks somewhat usable.
Our advanced team of workers are very busy establishing 2 more courses on higher ground. We have found sufficient dry salt to accommodate our normal long and short courses.
Since we are basically starting over, we would appreciate your patience as there may be a need for changes to our original event schedule.
The weather forecast is promising, but there is always the possibility of more rain. Please check here for more updates as they become available.
August 5th, 2007 2:30 PM MT - SCTA Report
RACING IS A GO AHEAD... Pack your bags, pack your race car and hit the road we are racing at Bonneville. Latest is two courses will be used instead of the intended three. The rest of the story you will have to get at the drivers meeting on Saturday.
August 4, 2007, 8:55PM MT - SCTA Report.
Salt is pretty wet, going to assess it tomorrow and compare the water level with today to determine the reality of having an event.
August 4, 2007, 3PM - SCTA reports the following:
As of today at 3:00pm (PDT), there is standing water at the end of the road, and at the starting lines. There are also puddles on the courses. The SCTA/BNI board members are on their way to the salt and will be assessing the situation. Stay tuned for more details tomorrow (Sunday).
If there is any new information it will be posted here ASAP.
- << Prev