Author Topic: any news from today's race?  (Read 11173 times)

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
Re: any news from today's race?
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2011, 07:53:48 PM »
I was in that line saturday night. myself and everyone in it appreciate it so much for staying so late for us to get those runs in.

thank you lta and all the vols.

what is great meet. things will just get better. the org. Is learning quickly.

franey
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 09:03:06 PM »
I also want to thank Joe Daly and Tom Daly for jumping in from Bike Tech to working with the starting line crew  Saturday afternoon/evening and all day Sunday.  So many volunteers and even other racers chipped in to help.

This was a great effort by all ...

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline t russell

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2011, 04:58:45 PM »
Tim your group done great on sunday. As for sat. you  fixed 99.9 % of issues.Thanks to all of you it was a great weekend. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline entropy

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2011, 01:57:45 AM »
Tim,
First of all, you run a 1st class event!
Thanks to you and all your volunteers (especially Joe Daley!) who made it possible.  :cheers:
(why single out Joe Daley???  Because when he showed up at pre-stage, things started to Snap-Crackle-Pop!!!!)

Last weekend was my 3rd drive to Loring from Texas, and I plan to do it again in 2012.
I've run at Texas since since its inception Oct 2003, also have done 2 @ Mojave, 3 @ Maxton, 1 @ Miami.
Like LTA, all events strive to minimize grid waits.  

My green Busa was 2nd off the line on Sat at 9:42am, spent a short time at my trailer pulling logs, a few ajustments, ran again at 2:32pm.
I am sure you agree, 4hrs sitting the the hot sun is not acceptable. As you point out there were several reasons for the long wait, some of those can be fixed.  
On Bonneville events: they are 4-7days; 2 day events need shorter grid waits.

This Oct at Mojave Mike Borders is limiting entries to 120 two day + 30 Sun only.
Mike charges more, and thus can "afford" fewer entries.

I respectfully suggest that LTA limit entries and charge more.

Karl Gunter

As the race director, I would like to address the comments about the wait on Saturday.
1) With 160 vehicles in line, 40 vehicles per hour is a long wait.  More than most are used to if they have not been to Bonneville.
2) There was a software integration issue that did cause a few very short delays in the morning.  It was explained at the meeting Sunday if drivers were in attendance.  The only way to address the issue Saturday would have been to shut down the system, reload software and restart everything which would have taken about 1 hour. We were all there to race, so it was dealt with manually.

3) The biggest reason for delays Saturday was that we broke a lot of gear.  There were about 20 vehicle that broke, smoked, pulled out, lost power.  When those issues occur, we have to hold the coarse until the cause of the problem is found and the vehicle is removed. If there are fluids present upon inspection of the at long shutdown, we then have to check 2 1/2 miles of racetrack for parts and fluids.  It all takes time, but we have to be safe.

I again would like to thank everyone for there professionalism and understanding.

Tim

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 02:22:33 AM by entropy »

Offline tedgram

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2011, 09:32:37 AM »
 The price was increased from last year. :? The extra hurt I payed in advance and couldn't make it.  If entries increase I would like to see an extra day or two added to the schedule. Like running Friday afternoon  and maybe Monday until noon.