Author Topic: Speedweek & world finals  (Read 9929 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Speedweek & world finals
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 10:11:17 PM »
Bob, I live in cow country and vets are always around. It's them sheep herders everyone worries about. Lynda said she was going to rubber stamp your name on your forehead BUBBA_D. :-o
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 10:43:31 AM »
Yes I did!!

uhhh, Glen, just exactly when was it I said that?

2 more days and I'm on the salt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay Safe,

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline BackwoodsBoy

• New folks
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 12:40:07 AM »
Jon,

I can Help out if you need some one to help out.  I am a serious computer geek.

I am helping out on the #160 Santa Fe Roadster and the #6969 Cuda.

I will be there until Tuesday at least.

Let me know!!!

Steve

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 10:35:26 PM »
I'm not sure where to post this report - so it'll go here.

Nancy and i have been in Wendover for two evenings now and have this update on the eating opportunities:

First of all, the Chinese place down near Smith's -- west end of W. Wendover, back in the strip mall (apt name?) by the strip club -- is closed and looks like it's been out of business for a while.  The proprietors of that place had planned to take over the Taco Poblano restaurant on Wendover Avenue in Wendover, across from the Motel 6, and so the Taco Poblano closed more than a year ago for the new owners.  Well - that didn't work, we figure, with the Chinese place folks gone and no changes at the (closed) Taco Poblano.  So -- those two restaurants are gone and not available.

But wait -- there's more.  The burger place down near the air base -- the one that was Mildred's a few years ago -- was a Mexican place last year.  But that was last year.  Now it's the new (ready for this?) "Garlic and Onion Mexican Restaurant".  Interesting name -- sounds like it should be Italian, right?  But no, it's Mexican.  How Mexican?  Well, when we went there for supper tonight -- we discovered it's run by the family that ran the Taco Poblano until the Chinese place folks (they were from California and didn't appear to be of either Chinese or Hispanic extraction) bought and closed it.  So now they (Taco Poblano people) are running the Garlic and Onion.  The food was pretty good, very generous serving size for the price, and dang friendly to us.  The menu includes some "American" food as well as some "Mexican" - and includes "breakfast served all day". 

We ate at the Montego buffet last night.  Not much different there -- and the chocolate fountain is nowhere in sight.  I think it's been a couple of years since we had a chance to dip our french fries and egg rolls in that.

At the salt the truck stop cafe wasn't open for breakfast this morning -- but I think that's normal -- but they ARE open (for breakfast) during race events.  I'll check again tomorrow and let you know.  At the salt -- the Enola Gay Cafe is the food vendor again this year (as has been posted on this Forum).  They'll start serving tomorrow -- Thursday -- and will be there through SpeedWeek.

And that's it for now.  I think I'll mosey over to the ice cream shop right down the street from here (Quality Inn) and get a snack before bedtime.  See you tomorrow.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011, 11:30:15 PM »
Jon---Make sure you mosey on down to Ruebens Bakery first thing and get a fresh Apple turnover to go with your Morning Coffee....One of the best kept secrets in the whole town, I think...

Offline Tman

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 12:32:45 AM »
Thanks for the update Jon! Heading out in the AM a couple hours behind Amos (still doing laundry and like to sleep). Water pump is leaking again. Got parts,tools and coolant with me if I need to change it. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!Q

Offline JonAmo

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 01:50:03 AM »
Team Amo on the way with their junk. Picture shows the bike with new body work and fresh paint, pictures of finished product will come soon on the salt.

Offline sabat

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 10:11:07 AM »
Looks beautiful! Best of luck  :cheers:

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 10:26:32 AM »
I think you're onto something w/ that design.
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 10:26:55 AM »
Nice job Jon!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Does this mean no liner this time?

Pete

Offline Freud

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 06:12:03 PM »
Me thinks that is Joe.

Am I incorrect?

I know there are two Team Amos.

FREUD
Since '63