Author Topic: Fuel for the July event  (Read 10331 times)

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
Re: Fuel for the July event
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2011, 06:29:38 AM »
You will be allowed to bring your own fuels that are not legal for sale in Maine.  It will need to be in a sealed container and the VP rep will need to inspect our fueling.  He will also hold your fuel for the weekend.  If you are running fuels that the VP has, please help support his trip to the track by using his. 

See you all on Tues, wed, thurs.....

Thanks for the clearing that up Tim.  That gives me my 5 HP back.  Good reminder also Dean.  I know we all tip the fuel vendor at Maxton for holding and fueling us.  Only right to do it in Loring also. 
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline sabat

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2011, 07:33:48 AM »
Dean,

If you are in a gas class, you are using gas. In a fuel class you are free to use anything, correct?

Do they require that you use the vendor's gas at Loring?

DW

Dan, for sure if you run in a fuel class, anything goes. In a Gas class, yes and no. A VP vendor will be on site in Loring with sealed pails of VP. For the great majority of entries, this will be the gas source. But, like the ECTA, you can bring your own GAS in a manufacturer's sealed container, and the fuel vendor can fill your tank and seal it. The ECTA vendor sells "Rocket Fuel" brand gas, I haven't had any issues with their 118 in my turbo, but some NA folks with specific tuneups (like Greg) would rather run their own gas.

The extra wrinkle with Loring is that Maine state laws prohibit MTBE, which is common in oxygenated gas. So to run certain VP gas, you'll need to bring it with you from out of state.

Just a few days away, everyone make their tribute to the weather Gods!

Dean
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:39:06 AM by sabat »

Offline JimCompCNC

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2011, 10:34:38 AM »
Dean, I'm finishing up Rickeys 2011 zx10 motor today.  Should have some dyno numbers on it early next week.

I think it should break 180 mph with no problem!! ;)

OK, heres one for the weather gods...   $%&$&^#$ boom boom @#$%^*& boom boom *$%&#&*boom boom !@*%$&##^

Shit, was that the rain dance or the sun dance chant?    I for get now!!!

Offline sabat

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2011, 11:12:03 AM »
Ahhhrrrgghhh!!!!  Don't use the "R" word!!!!!

Great news on the ZX10 head, I can't wait to see it run.

BTW - Is he entered in MPS/G or MPS/F?   I'm bringing my nitrous bike, and will enter in MPS/F.

Offline JimCompCNC

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2011, 11:09:03 AM »
Heres the 10 day forecast for Caribou.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USME0073

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2011, 05:58:34 AM »
Heres the 10 day forecast for Caribou.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USME0073

10 day forecast.  The weather forecast changes by the hour in Northern Maine. I've seen that 10 day show a little of everything over the last ferw days.  Looking forward to being there again. 

Dean, I think we got the Grimlins out of the ZX-10.  201 HP on KWS's dyno Saturday in some relly bad air.  Now to convet the HP into MPH.  See you there.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline sabat

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2011, 06:43:33 AM »
I'll keep watching the weather report, but drive up there no matter what it says :)

Congrats Greg! Hope you exceed your goals this weekend.

Offline legend6me

• New folks
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2011, 12:10:51 PM »
My plan is to arrive around noon on Friday.  I hope to be able to set up my area and get the line moving by 2pm.  I will be there all evening on Friday.  Saturday 7am until 5 or 6pm (I think that we'll go to the stock car races at Spud Speedway).  Sunday 7am until 1pm (ish).  Please pick up any impounded fuel by 1pm Sunday.

My cell number is 207-337-4306
Safe travels, see you there.