Author Topic: Requirement for a stock zx14?  (Read 3183 times)

Offline gs1327

• New folks
Requirement for a stock zx14?
« on: July 09, 2011, 07:55:06 AM »
I plan to run a stock(except pipe) Kawasaki ZX14 in September to get licensing passes and was trying to determine what I will need to get legal-
New chain guard, tether kill switch, steering damper, anything else? Do I need to come up with some kind of safety wire for the front axle? What about fuel lines/petcock? The fuel tank has no petcock but the fuel pump shuts off with the ignition. Are the factory fuel lines considered fire resistant(2006 model)?
Thanks for any advice you can give. I'll be riding 600 miles to get there and would hate to not be able to run due to lack of preparation.

Offline dw230

Re: Requirement for a stock zx14?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 10:07:43 AM »
Have you looked at the ECTA rulebook yet?

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 10:57:01 AM »
Dan's right in suggesting you find out the information for yourself - as a way to get familiar with the rulebook under which you'll be racing.  I'll give you a bit of peace of mind, though - - darn near nobody who shows up to race at Maxton gets sent home for not having the safety bits all installed.  You'll find someone in the pits that has whatever you need and might even help you install it/them.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 06:55:37 PM »
Slim,

Since you also race a ZX14 how bout helping the future LSR racer with his ZX14 machine  :cheers:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 07:20:16 PM »
John, I thought I was helping him.  The part about how if he shows up not completely prepared, you know. . .

Okay - I'll get with him and try to help out.  Sheesh, you can't get away with hasslin' new people any more. :cry:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline r.haskins

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 07:29:18 PM »
Tiger Racing has a specific chain guard that meets the requirements for LSR whether you're SWB or stretched.  Definitely take a look at the rule book, you get one with your membership payment.  Front axle nuts as well as the pinch bolts need safety wire.  The fuel system is fine.  You can also shoot me an email at richard.haskins1@gmail.com  I ride an 07 ZX14.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 07:34:36 PM »
I've sent him an email with the rules/requirements detailed.  Thanks for those that helped - even you, John.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline gs1327

• New folks
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 11:35:49 PM »
Thanks to all for your help-especially Slim, I really appreciate it.

I've read the rulebook several times, I ran another bike at maxton in april and spent hours reading and verifying everything. I just get a bit confused about the specifics sometimes, simple mind and all.
I was not planning to just wing it , I have spent plenty of time reading the rulebook, was just hoping for a little advice/insight .
I tried to run my zx11 bracket racing bike, was fully prepared for tech, but found the course a bit too choppy for the ridged rear on the drag bike and was not at all comfortable in the 150mph range. So I'd like to try again in September on the 14.

Offline r.haskins

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 07:25:37 AM »
Is this you? 
http://www.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=0U1C003E030234&po=234&pc=305

If so, I remember talking to you a bit in line.  Definitely a good looking ZX11.  My 14 is green and black.  Good luck with your 14.

Offline gs1327

• New folks
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 07:53:18 AM »

No, It was this one, But I remember talking to you in line. Thanks, good luck to you too.