Author Topic: TIRE DEAL  (Read 2902 times)

Offline blackslax

• Loring Timing Association
TIRE DEAL
« on: June 30, 2011, 12:32:40 PM »
Hello all,

One of our sponsors, Friend and Friend is offering a tire deal to our races (sorry car guys, bikes only). 
The deal is:
Buy a rear and get a front for free.  They have to mount the tires.  The deal is for in stock tires, but if you call ahead they will hook you up with the tires you need.  Make an appointment to stop in on you way up, drop off a set of rims and then pick them up on the way back; how ever you can set it up.  This is a great deal and it will help show the sponsor that we support them as well.

Also, if you have a rulebook, you can go in any time for the deal.

There shop is directly off of 95 in Orono (Bangor) so you can make a pit stop before the final leg of the trip while they are being mounted.

Call 888 317 6380 and tell them that you want the Land Speed Race tire deal.
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Offline Frank06

Re: TIRE DEAL
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 11:37:00 PM »
This is a great deal!  They also have a shop in Ellsworth but the Orono show is easiest for most folks to get to.  Thanks for the info.
E-Racer

Offline 72tx340

• Hooked on speed
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 06:21:44 PM »
I thought advertising stuff for sale here isnt allowed.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 06:51:39 PM »
Commerical ads must be approved for and paid in advance. Racer ads are free and most sellers donate to the the support of the web site.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 07:44:46 PM »
Well, I guess I oughta say something about the "ad" for tires for bikes and for Loring. 

72tx340:  You're right - I try to keep regular old ads as things that'll help pay for the upkeep of this site.  We've got a few regular advertisers - and they send checks (or whatever) on a regular basis.  We've got the section (that nobody has used, I think) were someone with his own shop making a few things to sell -- like maybe a guy that figured out how to make custom thingamajigs for a customer and then found there was a small market for him to make a few more -- that section is available.  And regular advertisers are allowed to post notices in the Forum - telling us of a great deal or big sale that they're having for us racers.  Since they pay the bills (along with all of your kind donations) - I tell them that they're welcome to post on an infrequent basis.

Okay - those are the existing "rules".  For the instant ad (that's lawyer-talk for the ad on here about tires for bikes at Loring) - it's sort of a new situation, and here's how I think I'll handle it.  First of all, Tim/Blackslax (I think it's Tim -- I do get forgetful now that I'm officially old) makes posts on the Forum about Loring.  And second - in the tire notice -- he mentions that the company selling the tires at a deal -- well, he tells us they're a sponsor of the Loring event.  He's trying to help his event by trying to give one of the sponsors a bit of an extra push.

I won't object to that - within reason.  I read the post when it was fresh and didn't think I needed to pontificate on the potential transgression of the rules (I love talking like that).  As long as we see that note/ad once or twice - maybe even once more this week and once or twice next week -- I think it's not too big a deal.  Since it is only in the Loring thread - those that don't look at the thread won't see it at all --- no so for an ad that's all over the site.  I'll call this one a "racer ad" - as Glen reminds us about -- for now.  I'd be tickled if landracing.com got a donation from Friend and Friend - but since they didn't necessarily ask Mr. Loring Guy to post on this Forum I won't expect much.  If they have great success/response from the ad -- I wouldn't be surprised to hear from them asking to pay for advertising.

I'm not trying to set a precedent here - but rather react to the situation.  If something like this happens again -- I and you folks will get to deal with it then.

Thanks for asking, ladies and gentlemen.  Over and out.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 72tx340

• Hooked on speed
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 08:32:15 PM »
Ok so if i read that right its ok for me to give a deal on DVD's of the event since i donated some to the site from last years event for fund raising? As long as i dont flood posting them.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 08:40:55 PM »
Yes, that's about it.  For instance, Scooter shows and sells some DVDs about the Bub event on this Forum.  He runs about one mention a month or less.  Judicious interpretation of the rules.  It's something, in other words, that the viewers and users of this site might have specific interest in - vs. you selling DVDs of the kids playing with the dog or you selling DVDs of a movie you really want to have everyone see.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 72tx340

• Hooked on speed
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 10:02:08 PM »
Ok great when finished id like to donate some again for give aways at Bonneville. When ready ill pm you for shipping info etc.