Author Topic: Fast driving  (Read 1969 times)

Offline Clay Pitkin

• B&B Racing
Fast driving
« on: June 22, 2011, 03:32:11 PM »
A man in a Jaguar passed a Mini-cooper that had broken down by the side of the road. Being a kindly driver, he stopped and fixed a tow-rope to it and began towing it to the nearest garage.
After 10 minutes of towing, a Porsche passed them at high speed. The Jaguar driver was not going to be outdone by a Porsche, so, forgetting that he had a Mini-cooper in tow, slammed his foot down and the Jaguar and Porsche indulged in a high-speed race down the road, the Mini-cooper and it's occupant trailing wildly about at the end of the rope frantically trying to attract their attention and failing.
A Police car saw them and gave chase. The Police driver radioed back to Headquarters "Sarge, you'll never believe this, I've just seen a Porsche and a Jaguar neck and neck doing 150 mph - and a bloke in a Mini-cooper flashing his lights, blowing his horn and trying to overtake them!"
Those who said it could not be done, should not stand in the way of those who are already doing it!

Offline geh458

Re: Fast driving
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 06:25:17 PM »
Vary funny,  Reminds me of the song "Beep, Beep", I don't remember the artist, but it's a similar story about a guy in a Nash Rambler and a guy in a Cadillac.
Gifford Hawn

Vintage Sports Car Racer looking to convert.......

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Fast driving
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 08:11:16 PM »
It was The Playmates singing "Beep Beep -- The Little Nash Rambler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4W7oZBhAJg

You're welcome.  Isn't the internet an astounding resource?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com