Author Topic: June Volunteers  (Read 2087 times)

Offline greenjunk

June Volunteers
« on: June 20, 2011, 06:28:50 PM »
Looking for a count of June volunteers it appears we're extremely short this month, and are looking for some help.  If you're a regular and intend on coming, please post up here.  If you're new and want to help out let us know, we have a spot for you.
David
213mph Time Bomb Camaro

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
Re: June Volunteers
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 07:01:30 AM »
Definetly coming--will be there Friday pm. Because of recent injuries I will not be of much help settin up (or picking up Sunday). I could help Kim with check in or anything else simple. Look forward to seeing y'all again.
ken Presson

LittleLiner

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 08:05:09 AM »
  I will arrive late on Friday so won't be there in time to help with set-up.  I can handle shutdown on Saturday and/or Sunday  . . . although . .  it has been three years since my last stint as a volunteer  . . . . so I might need some 're-training'. :-D  I have a reservation at Pine Acres Lodge for Friday and Saturday night.  I've also offered to help Charles with the Stude but that was conditional on there not being a need for me to volunteer as a track worker.  Hopefully I'll be able to do some of both . . . . 

Anybody else lurking out there that could lend a hand?  Come-on people!!  . . . Weather forecast says high of 90 degrees both days . . All in all that is pretty cool for this time of year . . .8-)

See ya there . . . .Art Danby

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 10:13:25 PM »
My car will not make the Event,,, we just cranked the car after a cam, lifter and springs swap and had a slight problem...
It ran perfect until it got to 180 degrees and we heard a noise,,  guess we need to check all 8 exhaust valves now...
Oh well,,, out comes the motor for a complete inspection,,, a differant Cam (the correct one we ordered not the one that arrived)..

Will be ready for Loring for sure.

So all the folks that offered to help me,, thanks so very much,,, but I will not be there with a car.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 06:04:47 AM »
dang it Charles..That his bad news.  :cry:
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 06:27:46 AM »
Hey Eric, are you going to help with Tech again.  I'm planning on getting there early, but have an issue on the 600 I'll have to take care of once I get there.  I'm planning on bike tech again and Phil Campbell is trying to be there Friday for tech also.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 12:57:57 PM »
Greg Neal at the track early? Ma say it ain't so. I thought 9:00 am was mid-day for you.
 It'll be good to see you and share shutdown again, Art.