Author Topic: Fritz Kott  (Read 12443 times)

Offline vintage racer

• 414B 350cc 1941 Indian 106.001
    • IversenOriginals.com
Re: Fritz Kott
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 03:09:06 PM »
In order to help the Kott family I would like to ask anyone that can help, please send a donation. The funds will go directly to Gayle to help with funeral expenses. Fritz was one of a kind and very much one of our own landspeed family members. He was rich in the most important way...friends and family and I hope we can all help to cover other necessary expenses.

Donations can be made through Paypal right here at Landracing.com. Please make sure to mark the donation Fritz Kott

Funeral Service
1:00 Friday June 10
Morman Church
621 S. Stagecoach lane
Fallbrook, Ca 92028

Offline V8Pinto

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 06:05:13 PM »
Man this is a bummer.  Fritz and Jason helped me out several times at Bonneville and El Mirage.  What a bummer...

Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

Offline Bonneville Racing News

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 06:19:28 PM »
Fritz was our favorite biker guy, always eager to help or talk with you.  He and Gayle were married on the Salt as I recall.  What a loss.  My condolences to Gayle and the family.

Offline OhioFatboy

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 05:36:33 PM »
Fritz was a great man and it was an honor to have know him, prayers to Gayle, Jason, and the rest of the Kott crew.

GOD SPEED FRITZ

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 05:20:39 PM »
Thanks to the handful of you that have sent a donation to the landracing.com Paypal button - for Fritz's family.  I'm sure the cash will be appreciated -- you know it will.  When you send a donation I'll remind you to make sure that you mark it as being for Fritz.  One rather large contribution showed up today without any "destination" in mind.  I'd be tickled if it's for the site - but I have to think that it's for Fritz.  Unh, maybe I should ask the person that sent a couple of hundred dollars - to confirm where the $$ is to go.  Nancy and I are in Indianapolis for an engraving convention and I don't have the time to get back to thanking each and every one of you for the donations - so I'll have to ask you to help me out - and to understand that I (and Fritz's family) appreciate your thoughtfulness.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 10:25:15 PM »
There was a nice Service for Fritz this afternoon. A lot of SDRC members, car and M/C guys, family and friends. Many great memories of Fritz. People came forward to talk about Fritz that had known him 50 years, others that went to school with his son Chris that only knew him for a couple of years. The consensous, Fritz was special and loved life. He could get more performance with fewer dollars that most. Fritz was helpful to friends, neighbors and even competitors.

There were more levis, car shirts, shorts and sandals than probably seen in that Mormon Church in a long time. Don't get me wrong, people were being respectful, that was just Fritz. The "Bishop" conducting the Service commented that he felt overdressed. Not many white shirts and ties in the crowd, but it was a day to remember a great Racer, a great friend, and a great guy.

Fritz, you will be missed by many!

Glad to have known you!

Tom

P.S. The only disapointment was that no one set a tire of fire and drug it around the parking lot. The elders might have frowned, and it wouldn't have had the same effect in day light.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 10:54:32 PM by 836dstr »

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 01:54:13 AM »
The Kott family is the true example of a low budget LSR family that races together, I hope to continue to see Jason, Gayle and the rest of them at El Mirage once again. What they have done with so little is a pure example of "low buck racing" and the whole family was involved.  :cheers:

Fritz was not by far well off however he was rich in family values, passion, drive and desire.  I and Michelle will miss seeing him at the races and SDRC meetings.

Please help the Kott survivors in this very tough financial time by donating to www.landracing.com in the name of Fritz.

If anyone has any enlightening/funny stories about Fritz please post them here..

I will go first, I remember that Fritz was so hard core about getting his salt fix that after running Speedweek he and his son Jason would stay in Wendover (camping out no hotel) and prepare the course for the Bubs event (no charge for an entry) just so they could race without having to drive back to San Diego with the high fuel costs.  During the Bubs meet he and Jason both rode their own bikes, I don't remember the results however they always seemed to have such a great time as a family.  For that they were rich in my eyes.

RIP Fritz.

John Noonan

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 01:08:42 PM »
I got my copy of "Bonneville Racing News" (BRN) in the mail yesterday.

I was pleasently surprised to see a picture of Fritz and a brief article.

Boy, that was really quick into print Wendy!

Thanks,

Tom

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2011, 01:47:20 PM »
One last call for donations for Gayle Kott and the family.  I've got a nice handful of $$ that you folks and this website have donated - but before I send the money I'll ask one more time if you'd like to send a bit to help them.  If so - use any of the Paypal buttons on this site and the Forum - and please make sure you label it for Fritz Kott.  Also - get an extra couple of percent to the family by marking your donation as a "gift" - so PP doesn't think you've bought something from me.

Last call --  Fritz Kott donations.  May he rest in peace. :cry:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 02:02:59 PM »
Jon,

Sending you a 100 bucks..thanks for the reminder.

J

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2011, 08:47:29 PM »
Gave a check to Jill at the Service.

Thanks to everyone that donated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2011, 08:51:36 PM »
Gave a check to Jill at the Service.

Thanks to everyone that donated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cheers:

Glen LHeureux

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 12:15:44 PM »
If anyone has any enlightening/funny stories about Fritz please post them here..

El Mirage meet. Not sure what month and year, and some of it is a little foggy, but:

The Fritz camp always had a few energetic dirty boys riding bikes around in the heat and dust all day. Fritz built a shower off the side of his pickup to cool off with, and also to rinse the boys off with before loading everything in the truck and heading for pasture.

...so he's got the shower going and has the little one (maybe Jason?) in his arms. He's shuttling the kid back and forth while rotating him - kinda like you'd eat a corn cob - under the shower water. The kid is naturally wryly and ends up squirting himself right out of Fritz' arms into a puddle that had now formed at Fritz' feet.

Those watching winced at the fall and expected to hear some crying from the boy. To our collective delight, they all burst into laughter - including Gayle.

Fritz reaches down to retrieve the boy, and in doing so, he himself slips in the famously snotty El Mirage mud and ends up in the mud puddle. It only gets funnier as he tries repeatedly to fetch the boy, who is now only exploiting the advantage of now being both wryly and slippery! They both end up covered in mud and everyone in eyesight is lauging and grabbing cameras - myself included.

Fritz eventually succeds in getting a hand around the boy, righting himself, and starting the rinse-off all over - first the boy, with the corn cob method - then himself. I think he was still laughing when he shut the water off. This time, he'd successfully handed the boy off to Gayle, waiting nearby for the handoff.

I never got to talk to him like I'd always intended. I guess I always thought he'd live forever.

-The Other Glen (SCTA 966B)

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2011, 12:32:35 PM »
Glen,

That is a great story and it's great to have the picture to go with it... :cheers:

Thank you,

John

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 03:24:24 PM »
Thank you for sharing that.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records