Landracing Forum Home
October 16, 2018, 05:27:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "E" Gas Coupe Build  (Read 90954 times)
maguromic

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: September 27, 2012, 11:13:29 PM »

Took the day off  and went to the track to start working on the suspension layout with the usual suspects (some real suspects).  What started out as an ordinary day turned into an adventure.  It all started when a bunch of us went to lunch at our local haunt (Angelo's), and while eating on the benches outside one of the guys screams like a 16 year old girl on prom night.  Turns out he almost stepped on a rattler under the bench. Mind you I have bad knees, but I moved so fast I felt like a 16 old boy on prom night (call me a sissy, but I really hate snakes).

Back to normal after lunch, we decided on a three bar  with a watts link for the rear and inboard suspension, with the front having a hybrid NASCAR / ALMS layout.  While all this was going on I finished up the drawing for the brackets for the hard oil lines in the back. Its a small part at 1.5" square but it took a while to finish because my heart was till racing after our incident. My original design was boxy, but thanks to Don's (DND) input, it came out better than I thought .  Tony - Did I Say I Hate Snakes

“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”
Tman

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: September 28, 2012, 09:38:24 AM »

Kind of like the snake I found in the back room of the shop? Now THAT was a surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOODY@DDLLC

ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: September 28, 2012, 05:59:49 PM »

You probably wouldn't like this one then!  shocked

* Snake.jpg (265.14 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 214 times.)

All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz
SPARKY
Global Moderator

« Reply #258 on: September 28, 2012, 06:52:17 PM »

shocked  As Arnold might have said " Seeing That would make me squeal like a "Girly Man"

Miss LIBERTY,  changing TKI  to noise, dust and RUST!!!

The # 1 issue is: TO KEEP THE REPUBLIC      
   Center for Self Governance            tncsg.org     mrspowell.org

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller
AJR192

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: September 28, 2012, 09:03:39 PM »

Paul Bunyon needed a new hatband?HuhHuh? Wow.
maguromic

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: September 28, 2012, 09:19:37 PM »

Call me a Girly Man Woody, but if I saw that snake I would scream first and then probably pass out.  I have seen that picture somewhere before, and I think that's  Wendover airfield in the background.  The one under the table was about four feet (four feet too big) and was just calm sitting there, and once the commotion stopped he just slithered back to the eucalyptus grove. Tony

Rob

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: September 28, 2012, 09:24:28 PM »

That's not a snake, THIS is a snake Wink

Do you wait or drive on over it???

Chris, Fordboy,

Good to see the post mortem and learn the reasons why. Two steps forward and one back still amounts to forward motion...

Cheers,
Rob
maguromic

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: September 29, 2012, 01:07:41 AM »

You probably wouldn't like this one then!  shocked

It was from Wendover  http://tjvaoutdoors.blogspot.com/2008/08/97-lb-rattlesnake.html  makes you think twice before exploring the buildings on base.  shocked Tony

Rob

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: September 29, 2012, 02:25:51 AM »

Chris, Fordboy,

Good to see the post mortem and learn the reasons why. Two steps forward and one back still amounts to forward motion...

Cheers,
Rob

That'll teach me to read two threads at once embarassed  I'm following your build with interest too Tony  cheers
maguromic

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: October 02, 2012, 10:39:20 PM »

I got a nice care package from the guys at Roush to help on the car.  The pedal box that came used remote reservoirs mounted above the cylinders.  On the Firebird we will have a custom low profile dash with no room  available to run the Roush configuration and our only option is to move the reservoirs elsewhere.  Its not much and they are small steps, but forward steps, I was able to finish the drawing for the reservoir hanger. Tony

maguromic

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: October 05, 2012, 12:26:20 AM »

The main hoop and the “A” pillar tubing are finally tacked in and the cage is on its way, but we still need to do some trimming on the rear wheel tubs before the back bars can go in.  It was a bit of a bugger and a struggle to drill out all the spot welds on the strut towers and get them out of the way for the new front suspension and wheel tubs. Tony

38flattie

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: October 05, 2012, 06:45:33 AM »

Tony, you work is always amazing! I'm in awe! cheers

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
SteveM

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: October 05, 2012, 10:34:17 AM »

Fantastic work and cool parts as always.  Just out of curiosity, are you planning to cut the roof off to weld the top side of the cage, or will you be using a different technique?

Steve.

1/2 of the Rampage Brothers
maguromic

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: October 05, 2012, 07:03:36 PM »

Tony, you work is always amazing! I'm in awe! cheers

Thanks Buddy, But I cant take credit for it. One of the others cats Ryan is doing the cage to my design. Tony

maguromic

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: October 05, 2012, 07:10:44 PM »

Steve, On one of the corners where the catalytic tucked up has to be modified to fit the pad.  To do this we have to cut a hole in the floor and at that point it would be easy to just cut three more holes and drop the cage and weld the corners and close the holes when we are done. Tony

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: