Author Topic: June Maxton WHO is going  (Read 10888 times)

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
Re: June Maxton WHO is going
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2011, 01:00:27 PM »
No numbers other than temp. 96 deg. humid. 96% knats 96billion.

Captthunder;

Gnats can be useful, believe it or not-- at a practice session at Zeltweg, John Horsman of JWA Gulf/Porsche noticed that there were no smashed gnats on the tail of the Porsche 917. This indicated that the airflow was not going over the tail. Some aluminum, pop rivets, and voila! the evil handling problem of the 917 was solved.  :lol:

See where the pattern of gnats is on your car and you can tell a lot about its aerodynamics.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2011, 10:48:57 PM »
Neil, never though about the areo test pattern thing with the gnats. only considered the nutritional benefit of the added protein of inhaling 10 to 20 of the little buggers per breath. Good thing I had something to wash'em down with.  :cheers:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2011, 10:15:05 AM »
This is the first time I've missed two Maxton events in a row since I started coming.  I hope everyone had a great time and it sounds like a safe meet, which is always a GREAT thing.

Mom passed away a couple of weeks ago so that portion of my life (Momcare) is done.  While we'll miss her it was time for her to go.  She was nearly 91 years old and her body was just worn out.

So I'll be back on schedule from here on out.  I'm thinking of bringing Mom's '88 (I think it is) 4 cylinder Celebrity for some (relatively) high-speed passes down the Monster Mile.  It's coming back to me as I provided it to her 10 years ago or more.  No idea what the class will be yet but I'm thinking PS?

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer