Author Topic: Raffle & 50/50 benefit for Mike Cook Jr  (Read 5835 times)

Offline TINY

Raffle & 50/50 benefit for Mike Cook Jr
« on: June 01, 2011, 02:08:03 PM »
Date & Time:  Saturday, June 11 ยท 6:00pm 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location:  El Mirage Dry Lake Bed - SCTA Building (west of the starting line)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Land Speed Racers will be hosting their annual potluck BBQ ~ and this year will be holding a benefit to help Mike Cook Jr. During this BBQ there will a raffle .. which will include wonderful prizes I.E. rooms at the Peppermill in Bonneville, DJ Safety equipment, stuff from Stone, Wood & Cook, stuff from Cook Motorsports and much much more ... There will also be a 50/50 raffle!!

ALL PROCEEDS from the raffle and 50/50 will go straight to Mike Cook Jr to help with his recovery from brain surgery.

Please come out and support Mike Cook Jr .. he's a wonderful family man, fellow racer and friend to all, someone that will help any of us out.

If you are unable to attend the BBQ and raffle and would like to send donations please make payable to Mike Cook Jr .. or if you would like to donate raffle prizes, that would be greatly appreciated!!  Please contact Tiny Roberts 760-388-4362 for pick up of raffle prizes and address for donations. More raffle prizes = more fun!!

Come on out all .. Let's support our friend/fellow racer!! With such wonderful prizes too .. rooms at the Peppermill for when we go to Bonneville!! DJ Safety items!!

Let's make this an awesome event like we know us racers can do!!

« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 05:29:40 PM by TINY »

Offline TINY

Re: Raffle & 50/50 benefit for Mike Cook Jr
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 02:54:44 PM »
I meant to tell everyone Jr. will go back for more surgery no later than June 22 family hoping for some time much sooner.He will be out of work for at 6 more monhs maybe longer.Thanks everyone and the family needs uor prayers.

Offline jww36

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 03:50:42 PM »
Tiny;
Where and when will the Bar-B-Q be held?

Offline TINY

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 03:56:37 PM »
The BBQ is June 11 SCTA property El Mirage @ 6PM It is being put on with LSR clubs annual BBQ

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 05:02:47 PM »
Seldom Seen Slim/Kudos Laser engraving will be donating stuff for the raffle -- and we'll take this opportunity to urge other folks to donate to help Mike Jr. when he really needs the help.

We'll send a set of four engraved coffee mugs -- with the landracing.com name and logo on one side, and maybe something like "I'm a land speed racer" on the other side.  I'll take some guidance here.  We'll send a couple of landracing.com t-shirts.  And -- for sure we'll send a certificate for a couple (2) of custom engraved coffee cups.  You can have most anything you want engraved on them -- team name, records, vehicle number, etc - most anything but a picture of Freud.  I have some moral standards, you know.  The reason why you'll get only a certificate -- is that since we don't know who'll win the cups - we can't make 'em 'til we hear from you that you're the winner and want (such & such, blah blah) on each one.  I'll work with you to get 'em the way you want them.

Okay -  now it's your turn to offer some help.  Nancy and I will be in Indianapolis that weekend so we can't go to the BBQ/Fund Raiser/party.  Dang. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline joea

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 07:20:57 PM »
guys/gals...any chance the raffle stuff list can be posted here on LR..?.that way so many more folks
can not only donate prizes but can also take part in bidding..?..and or buying up of raffle tickets in addition
to any straight up donations

Joe :)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 09:07:24 PM »
I'll be glad to post the list of donated items here - someplace.  Probably on the Forum, in this thread.  I'll keep it as fresh as I can.  Nancy and I will be on the road from next Wednesday AM 'til Sunday night, but I can spend time on the laptop as we travel - so that shouldn't be a big deal (unless we go through lots of dead cell phone zones).

I'll ask Tiny to keep a list and let me know - in case I miss something.  Tiny also gave me an address for shipping stuff.  I'll let him decide if he wants to put it here since it's a private residence.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline TINY

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 10:35:55 PM »
I will get a full list together in 1 or 2 days.Right now there are 2 rooms at Peppermill for speedweek that is 2 prizes D J safty has sent some more on way many t shirts  and gift certificates full list to follow :cheers:

Offline TINY

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 11:37:44 PM »
Items for the raffle, donation items or if you want to participate in the raffle or 50/50 please send all to my daughter at:
Courtney Roberts-Spaise
6372 Hereford Lane
Corona, CA 92880

(She gets mail in a quicker manner than here in El Mirage!)

If you are in the Inland Empire area in California and want to donate for the raffle, Courtney is willing to come to you.

For sure will get a list together in the next couple days.

Thank you all.