Author Topic: Texas Mile May 2011 results and pics  (Read 10701 times)

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
Texas Mile May 2011 results and pics
« on: May 27, 2011, 02:32:40 PM »
They are running, as we speak, at their new home in Beeeville. Very strong headwinds, today and all weekend.

Karl(Entropy) ran a 211+ on his second pass
Dean S went 221 on his ZX10
Mike Hooks bike caught on fire, he got it stopped ok. He is ok, the bike is not.

I will be going down tomorrow, with parts and to watch.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline bvillercr

Re: Texas Mile May 2011 results and pics
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 03:17:13 PM »
Thanks the updates. :cheers:

Offline ChrisLenahan

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 07:09:53 PM »
Fred, I'll see you down there tommorow.  I'm sure I will have the smallest displacement and slowest motorcycle there.  Do you happen to have any Mikuni jets?  Chris

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 09:11:53 PM »
Jets, whats that?  :roll: I just had my injectors cleaned. Oh yeah my streetbike has jets. See ya tomorrow
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline turbo325ii

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 09:12:11 PM »
Awesome thread!!!  There will be a twin turbo BMW Mcoupe from ICS performance outta Conneticut!  Keep your eye out for him, and let me know if you get to see him run!!  

This is an event I would love to participate in!!!

Offline entropy

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 05:42:24 AM »
DANG:  i just tapped in a long chatty update and lost it all, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

basically winds 14 to 25+ all day from 1st pass

My green NA Busa got 211.5 on second pass, 1st pass i learned not to depend on the turn signal cancel button for shifts.
Dean Sabatinelli's turbo Zx10 ran 226 in STRONG head winds

Mike Hooks had a fire when big end of a rod came thru cases under the TB's apparently severed a fuel line.  
His favorite nomex thong saved the jewels.

Greg Hirst rolled to a stop at the end of shut down covered in oil,  crimp on hose clamps suck.
It's back together thanks to Bob Sellers dremel cut off wheel and a couple worm drive clamps.
Motor sounds fine.

Track overall is not as good as Goliad, but will do fine.  The extra 1000' of paved shut down is handy
Great event :cheers:

Today wind is forecast to gust to 50mph, quartering headwind  
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 05:44:52 AM by entropy »

Offline Charlie Chops 1940

• New folks
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 07:59:25 PM »
I heard tonight that Hooley took the #974 Stude to 202.6.

Charlie

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 08:36:05 PM »
I just got back. Ugly winds all day. Confirm the 202 for Hooley. Tom Gates now has the track record at 244 I think. Everybodys speeds way down due to the headwind. Dean made multiple 226 runs and one 227, good job by Dean and Tom, and Hooley.

As Karl said the new track is not as smooth as the old one but the extra shutdown is welcome. I will be taking my bike down in October. Already have the bosses permission, also known as my wife. :roll: :cheers:
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH

Offline ChrisLenahan

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 07:59:45 PM »
It was even windier today.  Had 20 to 25 mile quartering headwind all day.  As for me, Murphy wins this one,  couldn't even do half speed on any run and when I finally engage my brain and figure out that the front brake is dragging, I lose the ignition and can't get it started to make a pass.

Offline car77

• New folks
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 11:11:21 PM »
 The wind was killer this weekend. But we ended up making 38 runs Friday and Saturday.

The people of Beeville bent over backwards for us. We got to the event  on Saturday morning to find we had picked up something in our left rear tire. We had to take it into town to Tio Tire where the guy, and I failed to get his name, took the tire right in and fixed it. Then I pulled a boneheaded stunt. I got one of the lug nuts crossed threaded. D'oh! The Snap On people, Buddy and Miz Bud, let me BORROW a 12mm tap. My friend was missing some taps out of her set so she ended up buying the set from them. She also had a cracked 10mm SO socket that they replaced, and she ended up buying a replacement 10mm socket that had gotten lost. So even though we got a late start on Saturday, we still made 12 more runs before the clutch went kaput and we had to shut down... Alas.

But we had fun, and the dinner put on by Beeville was fantastic IMHO. We ares looking forward to October now...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:17:01 PM by car77 »
Crazy po' gals racing. "You don't know the limit until you pass it..." Winners of the most runs trophy at the May 2011 event. :)

Offline Hooley

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 07:49:04 PM »
We are already making plans to go back in Oct. Dito what Car 77 said about the Beeville comunity.
   We pitted real close to the 77Car and it didn't miss a beat  all day. Way to go girls show em how it's done.

Hooley
"Just Glad To Be Here"

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 08:06:03 PM »
211 .... sounds like a new record for TFA ... congratulations Karl ... Dean 221 - well done '''

Joe

Offline car77

• New folks
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 08:53:27 PM »
We are already making plans to go back in Oct. Dito what Car 77 said about the Beeville comunity.
   We pitted real close to the 77Car and it didn't miss a beat  all day. Way to go girls show em how it's done.

Hooley
[/queote]

It was really nice meeting y'all at the event. We are anxious to tear into the clutch to find out exactly what happened. Would love to make the October event, as I have enough vacation left, but need to see if I can get that particular weekend off. The closer to the end of the year, the harder it is to find openings... But we'll be there if we can.
Crazy po' gals racing. "You don't know the limit until you pass it..." Winners of the most runs trophy at the May 2011 event. :)

Offline ChrisLenahan

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 10:32:29 PM »
Hooley,  It was nice meeting you and your crew this weekend.  Loved the noise that Stude mad blasting down the Mile. 

Offline Hooley

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 09:55:33 AM »
Chris,
         That was you pitted next us with your bike?  We sure had a good time and that is what it is all about for us.

Hooley
"Just Glad To Be Here"