Author Topic: Maxton move ?  (Read 7517 times)

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
Re: Maxton move ?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 05:50:22 AM »
Wilmington Ohio North Carolina or Mars. Where ever they go. I will  go. I just have to change the budget and Schedual. What ever it takes.
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »
Wilmington Ohio North Carolina or Mars. Where ever they go. I will  go. I just have to change the budget and Schedual. What ever it takes.

Eric me TOO... us  250 guys have to stick together !!!!
(I know 250 cc's and 250 Cu. In... but still 250 )

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline bearingburner

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 08:11:46 PM »
Wilmington Ohio appears to be a shorter haul than Maxton for us. Maxton is 900 miles one way for us.About
16 hours depending on when we hit 95.

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 01:46:35 PM »
I guess that I will have to get to Salterpath from Morehead now, but I is not able to keep my fingers shut.

I truely don't know how you teachers can do your job while having to be baby sitters to a bunch of apathic gang-bangers with little or no family support system and more administrators than you have school supplies. Thanks for doing what you can.

Offline possum

• New folks
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 01:47:36 PM »
I was using Wilmington ,Ohio. And I agree it doesnt matter where we run just as long as we run

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 05:58:09 PM »
Sorry Possum. Yep Sweet Pea and Me will follow to where ever when ever we can. Yep the education system in this country is in the dumps, so what does NC do? No raises for the last 4 years and lay off a bunch of them, smart eh? back to the task at hand, I got a car to finish for the school teacher.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline javajoe79

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 09:26:57 PM »
I can see where this move could make it less appealing to some people but for me it cuts our drive to less then half of Maxton. I like that. I like that there could be another option if we can't run at Maxton anymore. I am sorry for those who will "lose" on this move but there was one guy who should have kept his mouth shut at the drivers meeting last month. Your comments were not appropriate or funny like you seemed to think they were. Maybe you are on here, maybe not. You may not care but plenty of people do.

So let's hope this works out well and everyone goes fast there. :cheers:
Coffey Fabrication and Race Prep
313 Wilhagan Rd Nashville, TN 37217
615-210-1605

https://www.facebook.com/CoffeyFabrication

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 09:44:10 PM »
I agree Java, it's 3 hrs. from my house to Maxton and I know that a lot o folks travel a long ways to race. As much as I hate for us to loss Maxton all together or part time I think It would be quite Ok to travel a bit to race as alot of you folks have made the sacrifice for the cause. Kudos to all.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Sweet Pea

• New folks
  • Jack Scratch Racin'
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 11:00:58 PM »
Relaxed Phit - Thanks for the support of the teachers. Most people never truly understand what the word teacher means!
That's why this 1 loves this landspeed racing thing - it's a wonderful escape!!!! As has been said - we are all afraid of change but change can be good.
Amy Hartman
Jack Scratch Racin' A. Hartman Driver F. Hartman Crew Chief
Trust no one. Question everyone. The truth can be found over 200 mph!

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 12:20:15 PM »
I really was sad to miss the May meet, but since I'm usually the "guy who should have kept his mouth shut", even with the morphine drip I feel safe to say it wasn't me this time. When they took me off that morphine, I asked were they going to put rest back in a bottle? They said "no" so I asked for a to-go cup. They didn't think that was funny either.

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 10:32:11 AM »
Ken - Glad you're up and flyin' again.  Folks not in the know - Ken is one of the Good Guys.

As far as location - I'm only 2 hours from Maxon and therefore have gotten a "free ride" for the past several years.  Easy tow.  If we move to Ohio (or wherever) I'll follow - but I'm retired.  Still, it will be a bit more of a sacrifice but worth it.  As stated, some of us will gain and some will lose but we'll still get to race with the ECTA so it'll be good.

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

LittleLiner

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 04:55:16 PM »
Ken - Glad you're up and flyin' again.  Folks not in the know - Ken is one of the Good Guys.
 . . . . Dan
Yes I can confirm that Ken is up again.  As far as 'flying again' . . . well, the jury is still out on that one.  :-D

I had the privilege of once again helping Relaxedphit in shutdown this weekend.  Being able to do it in Ken's company is always worthwhile. 

Although,( for the record, ) he was the one who mentioned 'kitty litter' on Sunday.  It wasn't me that jinx it   . . . .  (Translation . .we had an oil down Sunday afternoon)

Art

Offline wfojohn

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 09:33:02 AM »
Keith,
Any new info on a location?

Does Wilmington still show promise?