Author Topic: Aerodynamics  (Read 40455 times)

Offline Steve Walters

Re: Aerodynamics
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2011, 01:06:43 AM »
European hips are great.  :-P

Steve
I've been from Bone to Blackfoot, but still just a Newbie here.

Wa's Bad Banana
B/CGALT

Offline Nexxussian

« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2011, 03:52:15 AM »
Interesting shot of the Airbus A380 Winglet from damaged aircraft at Paris Air Show a couple of weeks ago. Note construction and shape....Maybe I should have posted under Tony's Avatars Thread :roll:

AWWRIGHT, what gives, I've stared at that pic for hours, and I still can't find any airbus parts!  :x  :-D  :-D
Just happy to be here. :-D

Erik

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2011, 09:15:23 AM »
Guess we all know what distracted the Airbus pilot!  :-o

Remember to gawk responsibly!  :-D
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2019, 01:04:43 PM »
The latest Ferrari F1 car is much faster than before.  New aerodynamic shape may be a big factor.  A picture of the car is in the attached article.https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/49781160

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2019, 12:56:08 AM »
An interesting article about F1 car aero.  https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/50222105

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2019, 11:53:14 PM »
An article about air flow under the body and behind the tires.https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/47838557

Offline tallguy

« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2021, 03:30:09 AM »
I have that allready . It just needs to be wider to fair in my legs. I guess the next question is . Fo a tail sectionwould a verticle blade or a point be better?

This could depend on other things.  For example, if the tail needs to provide much stabilization (like fletching on an arrow),
more area would provide more.  If speeds are low enough that the vehicle is very, very stable, then a point would be slightly
more aerodynamic.  I don't think it would matter much either way, as so many other variables are in play.  Based on what I've
seen, Rob Freyvogel's Carbiliner is -- I mean "was" -- one of the most aerodynamic vehicles I've ever seen.  I say "was" because he crashed the car.  I don't know what caused the crash.  Good luck.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2021, 11:04:34 AM »

This could depend on other things.  For example, if the tail needs to provide much stabilization (like fletching on an arrow),
more area would provide more.  If speeds are low enough that the vehicle is very, very stable, then a point would be slightly
more aerodynamic.  I don't think it would matter much either way, as so many other variables are in play.  Based on what I've
seen, Rob Freyvogel's Carbiliner is -- I mean "was" -- one of the most aerodynamic vehicles I've ever seen.  I say "was" because he crashed the car.  I don't know what caused the crash.  Good luck.
[/quote]

I think the last word was that Rob probably ran over something on the course.
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ