Author Topic: Blown Fuel Rear Engined Roadster  (Read 20267 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: Blown Fuel Rear Engined Roadster
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2018, 06:44:29 PM »
"We don’t have traction control or electronic injection."

I'm not sure, but I don't think Dave Davidson has either of those.  You did a hell of a job first time out.  Perhaps massaging what you have is the answer.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2018, 11:56:59 PM »
I have efi and traction control but have never allowed the traction control to actually do anything.  When running my rear modified,  was able to hit the minimum for fuel at elmo but I did it on gas.  I also hit beat the minimum for gas by over 30mph.  Having run the class and knowing what my own car was capable of I think the minimums are very doable.  Easy.. maybe not but as said before it isn't meant to be easy the opposite actually thats what makes it a special club. 

I don't think that traction control is required to set any record.  It may make it easier to drive but it doesn't get the record.  Unfortunately for me the two rain out years got into my ability to run my roadster to its potential at bville and I had to sell it to move forward with my streamliner .  My goal was to do over 300 on a gas b engine.  I am very confident it would have done it with a few more runs.  My first year with it I ran 276 at the 4 without being turned up. 

Keep working it.  It takes time to get these cars running their full potential.  Sounds like you had a good first year.  Just getting started

Offline RichFox

« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2018, 10:28:05 AM »
I also have to agree with Stan here. When smaller engine cars in your class are exceeding 290, it's very hard to justify a 265 mph minimum just to allow you in the club. The only answer that I can see is that you will have to step up your game.

Buamotorsport

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2018, 11:00:16 AM »
yes indeed or change class.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2018, 11:27:35 AM »
What does it weigh?---especially on the rear axle?
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline RichFox

« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2018, 04:39:22 PM »
My understanding of the Bob Dalton/Don Jackson school of thought for adding speed. More nitro. Bigger pump. More nozzles. Just generally more nitro.