Author Topic: 1960 goodyear tires  (Read 14104 times)

johnrobinson

1960 goodyear tires
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2006, 07:52:31 AM »
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/icds/equipment/development.html

Howdy, I've been on two drilling teams so far, Shothole  in 2002-03, this was an air powered drill, used 2 6cyl turboe'd Ingersoll-Rand air compressors @180 CFM each to run an air powered drill down to 60 meters for seismic studies in west antarctica, (best hole, 13 minutes flat in and out of a 60 meter hole,  I am the worlds FASTEST ice driller!) and Blood Falls, in the dry valleys in antarctica in 2004, where we were to drill core with the Eclipse drill in a tongue of a glacier, however, it was too warm (if you can believe it!) and the hole would fill with melt water, and as the drill head was not a sealed  unit, we could not drill. this year it is a new drill, mostly computer controlled, that we are testing in NW greenland. 4 inch core electric driven, in a fluid to keep the hole from collapsing, as are all deep Ice drills. specific training begins next week, and I can get you more info then. check uot the above site, and go through all the gallery, as pics of the drills are in there....

Offline Reverend Hedgash

4 sale
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2006, 10:49:01 PM »
For sale.

1 Vespa.

Chauffeur driven for man of the cloth on smooth surfaces only.

Has complete scenes of Heaven and Hell.

Luggage rack for Eski.
Buyer to pick up.
Location Australia.

Will not disappoint.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
BUSINESS IS BUSINESS
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2006, 11:10:51 PM »
Does the sale price include the wedding business ?
If you just ride around on the scooter, lots of people are going to ask. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
Re: BUSINESS IS BUSINESS
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2006, 05:28:38 AM »
Quote from: JackD
Does the sale price include the wedding business ?

...assuming the liabilities and a cold beer could prize it from the proprietors wandering hands, trade was a little slow this year

[/quote]If you just ride around on the scooter, lots of people are going to ask. :wink:[/quote]

asking would be polite , mostly they just took it for granted that the rider normally wore chaps , a handlebar and due to the salt had left the chromed and tassled Harley at home :lol:  :roll:  :lol:

The chiller is easy to remove and could possibly be replaced by a drilling rig.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
I was thinking
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2006, 07:53:52 AM »
Their is a place in our Northwest that has become really popular this year with a movie and the wedding business has more demand than ever. The person I have in mind builds and rides turbo Suzis now but I think the scooter would be a snap if he started with the training wheel package.
The cowboys have a lot of money and certainly more than the sheep. The 2 cowboy deal is the wave of the future and looks like a real chance to branch out if you wanted to do franchise type business also.
The chilly bin would serve a dual purpose and haul the suitable liquid out to the field and the money back. They have their own facilities for getting drilled and I don't see much use for that option.
I you could develop some language training learning tapes, that would go a long way towards the success with the International accent it would bring to the whole package. Most of the customers already speak with a slight speech impediment so I see this as an easy option for them to learn.
It would beat a marriage made in Heaven because of the delivery as part of the package. They are going to want to keep the wedding flowers so I see that as another profit center.
would the price include trained staff ?
Our local contact already has the maleing list for the potential customers and already knows a lot of them if only by first name.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline Dr Goggles

Re: I was thinking
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2006, 06:50:06 PM »

would the price include trained staff ?
Our local contact already has the maleing list for the potential customers and already knows a lot of them if only by first name.

....and I thought the attempt on the "steamer" record was dead and buried , seems they work all night  :wink:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

Offline Dr Goggles

Re: I was thinking
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2006, 12:57:13 AM »
....and another thing

. Most of the customers already speak with a slight speech impediment so I see this as an easy option for them to learn.

That lithping is probably due to a bit much meat in the tongue...a small "V" surgically removed from the middle of the tip could fix it...but don't throw the bits away cause they could be transplanted into my neighbours...they can't manage to pronounce "S" or "T"...when they want to say "STOP" it comes out as "DOP"...their dog is called Sandy , we think , but it could be Handy , Dandy , Andy , Candy or Randy.......anyway back to the 1960 Goodyears.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
OH !!
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2006, 01:10:20 AM »
Oh, this is about Goodyear Sport Tires, not Goodrear sports.
I thought the highlight would be how good the scooter was for business.
NEVER MIND