Author Topic: Clarification on push bar  (Read 13151 times)

Offline desotoman

Re: Clarification on push bar
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 09:03:21 PM »
I was thinking more like 5 holes at maybe 1/4 inch. LOL.

Really though this is a Tribal knowledge rule. It is very clear in the rule book that No horizontal paneling is allowed. Does not say anything about horizontal paneling being OK if it is drilled. In fact if I wanted to use a piece of lattice paneling it would still be illegal because it is paneling. IMO this does not help the people who are thinking the SCTA is a good old boys club, especially when someone out of state builds by the rule book then comes to Bonneville and sees a car in their class setting records with a tribal knowledge rule.

We (SCTA) need to correct the rule book, one way or the other when these things come up. It really is for the good of the SCTA. IMO

Thanks,

Tom G.

I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline dw230

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 10:13:15 PM »
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 10:19:54 PM »
Tom,

I think you're wrong. 

The Rule Book does not have to be corrected -- just enforced.

Somehow I don't read into it that horizontal paneling with holes in it (how big?) is legal.  It's still horizontal paneling.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 11:08:42 PM »
Tom,

I guess it is how you read the rule...

“All cars incapable of starting under their own power shall be equipped with bumpers or push bars. Push Bars shall not offer any aerodynamic advantage. No horizontal paneling is allowed between the rear of the body and the bumper / push bar. No tow starts are permitted from the starting line without special approval. All cars shall be equipped with a push bar or a readily available tow attachment.”

some must be reading that between means connected to both

you are probably reading it to mean in between

You just need to get closer to the inner circle....  :evil:
 :cheers:

Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Tman

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 12:08:29 AM »
Tom,

“All cars incapable of starting under their own power shall be equipped with bumpers or push bars. Push Bars shall not offer any aerodynamic advantage. No horizontal paneling is allowed between the rear of the body and the bumper / push bar. No tow starts are permitted from the starting line without special approval. All cars shall be equipped with a push bar or a readily available tow attachment.”

So the pictured cars have BUMPERS that are not attached to the body? Very clever. I am one of those out of state guys starting a car, no shenanigans from me. Those int eh know realize us South Dakotans NEVER show up with things outside the box.........................

Offline dw230

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 10:46:17 AM »
Russ Eyres has determined that the horizontal panel must be a min. of 1" from the body. Meets the letter in his opinion, roadsters only of course.

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline krusty

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 04:58:13 PM »
    Dan, All I have ever gotten when clicking on this link youy provided       http://www.scta-bni.org/Forms/rulechg2010.html    is a box outline with a red X in the upper corner.
    I have heard from others that they have the same problem. Can this be corrected?      vic

Offline RichFox

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 05:34:38 PM »
Works for me.

Offline dw230

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2011, 02:02:34 AM »
Works for me Vic.

Just go to the website: www.scta-bni.org

Click Rules and Regs in left column, change form is at bottom of page.

You fixing this rule?

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline krusty

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2011, 07:47:39 PM »

Nope, not fixing anything. Just interested in this post (because I'm especially interested in all tribal knowledge) and thought since you referenced the link I'd ask. I have never been able to open that link, with various of my computers, and did once request a board member send me a copy by email link, but never heard back. I have a clarification request in to a committee chair by email, with an explanation of why I did the request without the referenced form, but havn't heard back. If I had a copy, I'd use it.   vic

Offline desotoman

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 12:02:27 AM »
Russ Eyres has determined that the horizontal panel must be a min. of 1" from the body. Meets the letter in his opinion, roadsters only of course.

DW

I have not heard anything from Russ yet, but when I do I will let everyone know.

Tom G.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 12:14:18 AM »
Tom,

Stainless,

It is like reading the Bible, everyone has there own interpretation. LOL. For me it means no horizontal panel from the rear of the body to the face of the push bar. I am sure that was the original intent, since roadsters had bumpers about 1/4 inch thick. Well that is the way I interpret it. I guess we will see. If my interpretation is not correct I will build one and push the envelope even further.

Thanks for your reply,

Tom G.     

Offline dw230

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011, 01:02:36 AM »
Vic,

I just tried once again and the web site and form opened just fine for me.

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline krusty

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2011, 07:40:40 AM »

Dan, you're not using my computer...     The web site has always worked fine for me EXCEPT for being able to open the two forms on that page.   

Back to tribal knowledge.       vic

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2011, 11:38:54 AM »

Dan, you're not using my computer...     The web site has always worked fine for me EXCEPT for being able to open the two forms on that page.   

Back to tribal knowledge.       vic

Vic  if you would like I can print a few copies of that form out for you.

Come see me sometime,,, The Stude is doing well,, blew "E" motor at Maxton in April, put in back up  2 bbl C motor for May and ran  176, 176, 176, 177, 176, 175 ... 6 good runs,, waiting for parts to rebuild the E motor for Loring and Bonneville.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com