Author Topic: Blown vintage fuel coupe  (Read 5583 times)

Offline flatman

Blown vintage fuel coupe
« on: April 29, 2011, 12:12:33 PM »
Looking at the rule book I don't see a class for "Blown Vintage Fuel Coupe".  Do I race as a "Blown Vintage Fuel Competition Coupe"  even if I have a stock body?

Offline RichFox

Re: Blown vintage fuel coupe
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 12:27:13 PM »
There are Gas Altered and Fuel Altered coups. Sounds as though you have a Fuel Alt. There is no fuel class directily corisponding to Gas Coup in SCTA. Don't know about ECTA

Offline flatman

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 12:35:26 PM »
I guess the term "Altered" is a little confusing since my body isn't altered.

Offline dw230

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 01:11:15 PM »
Altered also refers to the chassis, portions of the body(top chop), etc.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline RichFox

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 04:30:57 PM »
Few are Coups either. The term "Altered Coup" has to be understood in context. That is best done under a hot, dry sun. In a dirty, dusty, windy place you wouldn't go for work. But pay to go for fun. May not travel well to the ECTA.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 02:31:15 PM »
You need to look at in a progression:
Production(gasoline) > Gas Coupe(gasoline)(both considered "street cars") > Altereds (fuel and gasoline) >  Competition Coupes.

The next way is engine placement: Production and Gas Coupe, stock location > Altered, 25% setback > Competition Coupe, 50% setback

Body is next. (This is just an ez look) Production and Gas Coupe pretty much stock > Altered, cover the grille and headlights > Competition Coupes, build a long nose.

Vintage and non-vintage bodies and vintage and non-vintage engines have restrictions and have differences with many items........Always look to the catagory of vehicle you want to run or build and then to the specifics of what's allowed and always refering to definitions...........Good Luck   
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline fastman614

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 04:29:47 PM »
Also, in the coupe category, there are NO CORRESPONDING classes for vintage coupes vis-a-vis 1938 and earlier roadsters.....at least NOT EXACTLY. There are Vintage Gas, Vintage  Altered and Vintage Competition coupes allowed but they MUST HAVE vintage engines ONLY....i.e. XO, XF, XXO, XXF and V4. Otherwise vintage coupe with modern engines run where-In the classic coupe/sedan category?

I had always thought it would be a really interesting class group to have '48 and earlier coupes with modern engines..... in the same manner as the roadsters are ALL allowed to have modern engines of any automotive design.... Chopped and channelled early coupes with blown engines (heck- even unblown engines!) look so cool on the street .... why not at the salt too?
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.

Offline dw230

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 06:57:07 PM »
Thats why hot rods run in the Classic Category classes. 1928-1981 bodies.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth