Author Topic: Best production engine designs?  (Read 17708 times)

DocBeech

Re: Best production engine designs?
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2011, 04:31:17 AM »
You guys left out only the greatest design ever. The Wankel Rotary Engine. Capable of high rpms over a very sustained amount of time, and the power they output for the size makes everyone want to handicap them just to save face. Only 3 moving parts and the ability to run at 10-15K rpm all day long for hours on end.

Plus its like legos, once you learn how to build one you can just keep adding rotors and the horsepower increase is susbstancial.

Our simple little 1.3L rotary puts out over 220HP. The new 1.6L is supposed to put out over 300HP.

Offline Vishnuatepork

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2011, 02:10:01 PM »
ouch --  :cry:
suzuki vx800, 41mm FCR, shrink ported head, mega cycle cam, singh grooved head, custom headers, Supertapp exhaust, Ignitech ignition module, vs1400 drive hub, nology coils, magnecor wires, 12:1 cp pistons, carillo rods

Offline lvsalt

• http://www.dcwaterjet.com
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2011, 03:08:40 PM »
I agree the H1's and H2's  with the right rider could kick azz back then. But a "handfull" is an understatement.

Charles

one of our Crewmembers H-2, 120hp Denco Cobra motor. We figure if he can handle that bike we might give him some seat time. :cheers:
Gary Cole     DCWATERJET Z

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2011, 09:31:29 PM »
He will be a good rider, for sure.  My H-1 was the scariest bike I ever rode.  I never could master it. 

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2011, 12:31:42 AM »
A fellow has one of these in the office across the street from my job.  It is a 650 water cooled twin Kawasaki Ninja R.  It is different than most Japanese motorcycles.  It is not over engineered.  It has a tubular frame and simple, straightforward construction.  There is a lot of room around all components to make cleaning easier.  It looks like a great bike to race.  This is my first attempt at attaching a link.  Here goes.

http://www.kawasaki.com/products/product-specifications.aspx?id=501