Author Topic: Dana Wilson  (Read 7288 times)

Offline fastman614

Re: Dana Wilson
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 08:30:29 AM »
I have nothing but good memories of Dana.... when we lose people like him, the world is worse off for it....

Good-bye Dana..... we're going to miss you....
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.

Offline hayaboosta

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 09:48:53 AM »
I had the pleasure of sharing a table with him at the SCTA banquet a few years ago.  His passing is a sad loss indeed.
200 MPH Club X 7
Bonneville  "Naked"
 El Mirage    "Naked"
  Maxton       "Naked"
   Mojave        "Naked"
    Loring          "Naked"
     Bub 201       "Naked"
      Texas           "Clothed" (by accident)

Offline jl222

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 12:53:33 PM »

Dana and Jacki have been good friends for many years and we will miss him.
 He has left a legacy of records in the roadster class and a bar to follow in the SCTA finances, those that follow
should ask [ how would Dana have done it?]

RIP Dana

John and Linda Langlo

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 12:57:00 PM »
I knew Dana only from the time spent with him - as part of the setup crew at Bonneville.  His quiet stature and knowledge was a thing to behold.  Nancy and I will miss him out there.  We'll miss all of you as your end arrives - but Dana - he was special in his wisdom.  May he rest in peace.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 12:57:43 PM »
big lost to me, will miss this man with his great heart. RIP Dana
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline yesford

• New folks
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2011, 08:30:44 PM »
One of the nicest gentlemen we have had the pleasure to meet on our visits to race at Bonneville.
You are in our hearts.

Chris, Lesley & Lincoln Harris.
Harris Family Racing.
New Zealand.

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 01:59:14 AM »
Another Old Friend lost to us. I was lucky to know Dana,Mike and Greg going back to the old 368 Roadster Days. I`ll miss Dana`s ready smile and thoughtful commentary.......My thoughts and prayers to all concerned.... :cry:

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 03:15:22 PM »
From the SCTA website . . .

Dana Wilson lost his battle with cancer and passed away peacefully on Friday April 22, 2011 with his family by his side.

Dana began his Land Speed racing career about 1989 when he and partner Mike Waters bought a running D/Gas Roadster. After a rebuild, they ran it for a few years setting several records. In 1995, Dana, Mike and son Greg built a new state of the art Roadster (Wilson and Waters #369). At one time they held all the Gas and Fuel records in classes B,C,D and E at both Bonneville and El Mirage plus a few at the Muroc Dry Lake.

Dana served as treasurer for both the SCTA and BNI organizations. He used his business knowledge and fiscal sense to make them the fiscally solvent operations they are today. Dana served on the board of directors for both organizations from 1995 through 2006, and was a major player in the success of both Bonneville and El Mirage events. He was a member of the Bonneville and El Mirage 200MPH clubs. Dana has been honored with the SCTA Wheels of Fame, the Dry Lakes Racing Hall of Fame and the Bob Higbee award.

Dana retired from the Los Angeles County Fire Department as a Captain after serving for 30 plus years. Dana is survived by his wife Jackie, Daughters (3) and Grandchildren (5). God Speed Dana, gone but certainly not forgotten. We will miss you.

Condolences can be sent to:

Jackie Wilson
30076 Silver Saddle Court
Canyon Lake, CA 92587
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 11:08:30 AM »
Dana's service will be held on Thursday, 2:00PM, at the Cornerstone Community Church, 34570 Monte Vista Dr., Wildomar, CA, 92595.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline jl222

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2011, 12:28:22 PM »
Dana's service will be held on Thursday, 2:00PM, at the Cornerstone Community Church, 34570 Monte Vista Dr., Wildomar, CA, 92595.

Going south on the 15 the church is visible on the left between Bundy Canyon Dr and Baxter Rd.

JL222

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2011, 06:27:01 PM »
His quiet demeanor, ready smile, incredible knowledge, and of course.........that smartazz twinkle in his eyes when we'd have "discussions" about the T&A's on the salt...I will miss them all.

God Speed Dana.

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline akk

• owner of #920/928 Contrivance Special
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 07:37:07 PM »
Dana was...man it hurts to speak of such a wonderful man in the past tense....always kind and welcoming to our team as newbys to the sport...he was to me the essence of the sport...a fair ..honest and genuine person....GOD speed Dana...

Akk
holder of AA/GMR A/GMR B/GMR C/GMR D/GMR E/GMR records