Author Topic: ECTA records /2, /4?  (Read 15499 times)

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
Re: ECTA records /2, /4?
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2011, 09:09:38 PM »
Thanks for answering my question Joe. I know why the ECTA splits the class. I was just wondering about the SCTA . I am not suggesting they any body change any rules . I just thought that since an expansion chamber attached to a two stroke engine makes a lot more power than a four stroke or a two stroke with a straight pipe that there would be a separation in class like a supercharged four stroke engine would be separate. I guess there was never any reason so it never happen .That is a good enough reason for me.
    As for the records. The whole reason I try to set any records is to get my name in the book. I also feel like if my 250 is faster than you 350 . Than you should come and take my 350 record. In the mean time I beat you with a 250 . Not running on a non existent record. But breaking the existing record. I have to enter the bike in a class .So if I can go faster than a 350 or 400 than I will .Why is that wrong? I am not running on open records at all.
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2011, 09:49:03 PM »
But you're the exception, rather than the rule.

Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2011, 10:00:55 PM »
I did not realise that. And I thank you for saying this. I don't mean anything by bringing this up .I just happen to have a bike that has a four stroke engine. Ultimatly I only want to see how fast I can make it go. And have it timed. Then torn down if I can break a record. Fighting two strokes will just make it sweeter when I do it.

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2011, 06:59:10 AM »
Eric you stated it well.  I am in the same place you are.  The 650 is faster than some 750 records, so we stepped up and took them.  We still own some of them and they are not soft.  By doing that a couple of 750 guy's have came back and are now stepping up to retake the 750 records back.  I'm not sure, but I don't think you have ever run on an open record.  I haven't except for loring where there were no records.  I have actually passes on taking some records because I felt the pass was off and the time soft.  I just get back in line and run again until we make a good pass with a good record speed.  In the past we ran G/F/BF/BG in the 650 and 750 class.  The 178 F record had stood for a lot of years before we took it.  It has since been upped by Jeff Meclain.  We have been concentrating on what we are normally aspirated gas the last year and this one, but if we see an opening in a higher class, we may still go for it.  We have been 184 on the mile and there are 183 750 records.  We are not buying anything because it is taking some serious time, money and hard work to keep that 636cc engine alive.  All we are doing is chasing speed, no matter what class it is in.  As I stated before, we broke long standing records running all motor, and it brought fuel and turbo 650 racers back to the class.  Seems to be good for the sport.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2011, 07:40:38 AM »
Thanks Greg
I have never run on an open record at Maxton. And since I have all the MPS 350 and half the 250 records I only run on my own records now. When I go to Bonniville I will want a turbo for the. altitude.Then I will have to run on an open record.  Kinda ironic don't you think?

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 08:42:59 AM by racer x »

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2011, 12:12:19 PM »
Guess I got censored--never mind

Offline dw230

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2011, 02:29:21 PM »
Try it again with different lanuage. I am interested in your opinion on the SCTA haters.

Or PM me if you can't do it here.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2011, 03:41:22 PM »
Yes, please tell us.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2011, 09:17:03 AM »
I guess the problem may have been a computer thing. Among other things, using an absolute word like "never" is nearly "always" wrong. I was not using any form of coarse language. I've gone back through every post on this thread and not one of the SCTA members involved have been insulting to the ECTA or any of its members. Of course there is no official document, or statement, to support my contention. However, one must have seen postings critical of our safety, procedures and the validity of records set here. Were they made by people involved with SCTA? Possibly. Are they even members of the SCTA? Perhaps not. Am I one of the "hit dogs", yes. Could I run if not on a record-just for seeing what I can do with what I've got. Am I ignorant of every west coast track rules, certainly. Have I "heard" stories of inspection difficulties and inconsistancies visited on east coast participants? many times. But my primary point was meant to be "stop throwing rocks" and I was preaching to wrong folks.

Offline dw230

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2011, 10:18:17 AM »
I will admit to being critcial of one thing, the record certification procedure as used in organizations other the the SCTA-BNI.

As to the people who run the events and compete at said events I have no problems. I like (almost) everyone. The records set at Maxon, Texas and Loring have absolutly no effect on the SCTA-BNI and I don't care. I do have an opinion about something but, it is no big deal.

"Have I "heard" stories of inspection difficulties and inconsistancies visited on east coast participants? many times."

I know of one person who is affected by this statement, other than him I would hope that all East coast competitors are treated as fairly as anyone.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2011, 10:27:25 AM »
Since I was the one who said something about the validity of records, I will respond. I have the utmost respect for the ECTA and all of the racers there. My comment was not meant as a slur on their integrity. Unfortunately there are cheaters in racing, sad but true. So if you dont measure a motor the cheaters have freedom to do so. If you know your motor is going to be measured then you dont try. I hate cheaters. And yes I said something about Maxtons safety record after someone questioned the safety of the Texas Mile.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2011, 07:52:59 PM »
OK my turn,,, I like all the LSR organizations, I like all venues, I like Land Speed Racing wherever we can.

And yes sometimes I do sense bickering on here and that's just the nature of this impersonal form of communication, the written word on here many times does not convey the writers intent, emotion or facial expressions or body language.
So the reader can and sometime does take it wrong... I am guilty of that too.

So let's all enjoy each other and have fun,,, it's all good.. heck my motor is blown and block is toast and I am OK,, that's racing and I am looking forward to the new Improved E motor we are building...

NOW  my opinion on Running Up in Motor Class...
I have never run on an open record.. I agree with Eric (Racer X)  If a smaller motor say my E motor 255 cu in  has the E/CGLAT record and I enter D/CGALT and I take that long standing record,,, then I am OK with that.. Matter of fact I did just that in October and took a D record that has stood for 4 or 5 years.. but in April another car came at got the record from me by 2mph,,, good for him,, it is fun.

If they wanna tear me down, no problem,,, I am 255.6 cu in on a 260.99 limit...  Eric has done the same thing with his 250cc bike,,If our  Little motors beats your big motor,, then you need to go back and make some more HP.. All in fun

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2011, 09:11:29 PM »
Amen, Charles. Tear down or no tear down it is all good.
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline MC 1314

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2011, 09:18:37 PM »
Ya got it right Charles, good job and well said. If my 100cc bike can beat your 125cc, I won,now it is up to you to beat me. That's what makes this fun.
Bob
It's just a case of too soon old and too late smart. Will Penny

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2011, 11:49:33 PM »
I have had the good fortune to hold an ECTA record, a Loring record and a Bonneville AMA record in the special construction 1000cc pushrod class. Each venue has its challenges. One isn't easier then the other they are just different. But it is all good. None of us own any record we just hold it until the next faster guy comes along.