Author Topic: ECTA April 2nd.  (Read 8303 times)

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
ECTA April 2nd.
« on: April 02, 2011, 04:14:02 PM »
Sorry I don't have any serious run information, but I don't think there will be much data. Business got started pretty quickly after 9:00 but the 1st oil down was on about the third run by a yellow roadster.

Had about a good hour of runs then Mike Richen's White Evo went up in a puff of smoke (bummer) and we had another shutdown for about an hour and the winds came up, about a 20 MPH Cross wind with Gusts to 40

ECTA Ran everybody they could in the 135 and under speed ratings until the Canadians had trouble and oiled down the track for the third time today. bummer for them and everyone else. The winds came up even more and the meet was called for the Day at 3:00, no hope to get better wind conditions before the close of racing for the Day at 5:00

BIG meet, Tonya announced 90 entries completed by the Drivers Meeting with more in the wings waiting to finish inspection.

I was busy all morning chasing an electrical gremlin, and didn't get any runs in. Up early in the AM to get a place in line with about 90 other people, no reservations here, first come first served.

Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline stobl

• Photo album of build
Re: ECTA April 2nd.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 07:05:55 PM »
A picture of the course from the first turn off around 7pm.  Wind finally died down but as mentioned we're done for the night. Hopefully better weather for us in the morning. 

-Blake
-Blake S

Offline regal7point5

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 07:48:06 PM »
No other news to report, but here's to hoping for better conditions (track and wind) for Sunday  :cheers:

I came down just to spectate with my 2 year old, but got my arm "twisted" into being an additional driver on my buddy's '85 LS1 Cutlass.  He even waited until I could complete the rookie orientation at 11:30 before he got in line to watch my son.  Thanks man!!  But it caused him to only get his one 125mph licensing pass.  We'll both be back Sunday to give it another go.  A bummer to have to call it quits early today...but a BIG thanks to the ECTA for even making this event happen!

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 10:00:08 PM »
 After weeks of what seemed like we were never going to get the Lakester running for Maxton I'm happy to report we finally made our first good run.  :-) With cross winds around 15 MPH the lakester was moving around a bit but I was able to cross the finish line at 133.494 MPH. The flathead Ford V-8 motor was running perfectly I actually had to back off on the throttle the revs were coming up surprisingly fast. I not only FINALLY made my first step license pass but also added to the record. Thanks to the team and all who helped.
  A very happy Ron
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 10:23:06 PM »
Yes sir, Yes sir I love that lakester and watched that run. Congrats. :cheers: :cheers:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 04:16:24 AM »
Ron --- love the car. A lot work and engineering went into it. The first pass looked really good from the starting line. You definately pulled a rabbit out of the hat getting it together in time for the first meet of the year.

Joe

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 01:25:24 PM »
Looks like the weather is better today, waiting for some results.
 :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline RansomT

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 02:25:23 PM »
Looks like the weather is better today, waiting for some results.
 :cheers:

Sure does!   According to my computer, it's 68F with 7 mph (variable) at 2pm.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 07:43:41 PM »
ANY results from Maxton?????
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline 116ciHemi

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 08:27:44 PM »
According to David Freiburger's Facebook page, Chris Henderson took the Real Street AND Super street jackets in a 572 powered Jag sedan. That's all I know.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 08:39:23 PM »
Well, well -- I guess maybe we should have gone anyway -- even with the store not wanting us to close it.  And -- business was good and we got some nice orders, so our sacrifice was not in vain.

And if we'd gone -- we'd be hearing of the heavy wet snow that's falling right now up here at home.  It's about 32F outside, windy, and the slush is falling and sticking to the roads.  I hope it's gone by Tuesday - when we'd have been driving in it on the way to Dukes Road in Skandia, Michigan.

But still -- I wish there was a way that we could bring better coverage of events where Nancy and I can't attend.  I'll keep thinking -- and you folks are welcome to offer ideas, too.  In the meantime -- congratulations to all that had a fast weekend.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 08:58:28 PM »
SUNDAY : Weather was good, winds lite and lots of runs.. Staging lines moved very well  (until I wounded my motor warming up in line)  It must have hurt itself on my first run..I was 13MPH below my last pass in October,, but at least I bumped the old E/CFALT by 28+ mph... Oh well hope the motor damage is minimal,, if not we where going to freshen it over the summer before Bonneville... .. See you all in May (with a repaired E motor,, or a quick swap to the C motor)

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 10:59:34 PM »
Had a great time. I wish the weather had cooperated. We meet a lot of great people and had fun. Did not tear up anything. Set a D/CGALT record so it was a successful trip. I watched some guys getting their Green Hats...congrats...but that just motivates me more to some day get a hat.

Thanks to all the people we met and the ECTA folks for giving us a place to act out our speed addiction!.

Until May!

Bill Reilly
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline bharmon77

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 06:28:43 AM »
We had a great time, the new car went straight, nothing fell off, no leaks the stock Hyabusa engine performed very well and our fastest run was our second run of 140.40  on Sunday driver error prevented a faster third run. The ECTA crew is a pleasure to watch in action, real dedication and they truly make this a fun experience for everyone. Thank you ECTA I will make every effort to come back in May.

Bruce Harmon
7077 H/FL

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
Re: ECTA April 3rd.
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2011, 08:39:08 AM »
Sunday was Great, sunshine, not a cloud in the sky, barely a whisper of a breeze, Got up REAL early to get a place in line. As said, the line moved along sharply. First run was at 8:00, No Oil downs all day long!
There were a pair of superbirds this weekend running near 200, one Dodge, one Plymouth, both beautiful. Well they both come up to the line side by side in front of me, Al Frietas (sp?) is doing belt inspection, he sees them and and pulls a Pinks All Out Arm Drop Routine on them, I was ROFLMAOPIMP.
Got in my first run (record) and reset the Truck, did all the paperwork, driver change and class change, and was back in line by 10:00. Lots of cars and bikes in line now. Lots of BS'ing and visiting with everyone. Got the second pass in with my Nephew Sam driving about 12:30. Lots of Runs, very few incidents. Good Meet, big pat on the back for everyone.
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder