Author Topic: Newbie needs assistance and direction re: Streamliner Build  (Read 7144 times)

Offline newbie2

• New folks
Re: Newbie needs assistance and direction re: Streamliner Build
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 03:20:15 AM »
Wow... you guys are great!  Sorry for the lack of input on my end the first go-around.  To answer some questions that were brought up... I would intend on running a twin engined two stroke of my design, I expect that the lower end of of the tuning latitude would be in the direct area of 850 hp.  I suspect that would have potential of about 300 mph?  Although Bonneville is very new to me, I have been around varied motorsports as an engine builder for over 35 years.  I know the dedication and perseverance that you guys have gone through, so I want to thank you first for any input you can give me.  To be honest, I don't know if there is an advantage to a 4-wheel liner vs. a 2 wheeled?  The motor pod with trans. is 35" long 2' wide.  Although I have close contacts that are welder/fabricators, and machinists, I don't want to re-invent, but would like to rely on the vast experience on this site.  I would lean toward looking at buying a proven liner, but realize how rare that may be.  Budget?  Well, I guess that's why I am here... trying to feel out what I could expect, and pace myself if necessary.
  Thanks again guys, and I hope to find a home in your ranks!   

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 08:12:33 AM »
   When you come up with a budget, double the number and that should be pretty close to getting the car on the Salt for the first time. Then it's how fast do you want to go, and will I have to buy those parts made out of pure unobtainium for next year? Don't forget to factor the beer into that budget.
   Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 12:20:27 PM »
    ......... also remember to order all parts Today to ensure receiving them one week before Speedweek 2012 (if you are lucky).
  I always tell newby's starting a build to get the wheels and tires coming, cause they don't roll very well on wooden blocks................  Bob
Bob Drury

Offline smitty2

• Worlds fastest miniature Pachyderm.
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 02:09:58 PM »
Always double the amount of time you plan on spending on your project ( 1 year=2 years.. etc...), because something is bound to come up that will take you away from your project.

PS. If you are going to be away from home for any length of time you better tell your wife not to have any garage sales while you're gone. ( If the person that bought my 29 A cowl is reading this... I'll give you twice what you paid for it to get it back :roll:.)