Author Topic: TECHNICAL QUESTIONS  (Read 20637 times)

Offline blackslax

• Loring Timing Association
TECHNICAL QUESTIONS
« on: March 29, 2011, 10:00:04 AM »
Hello Racers,
Tim from thre LTA here.
I just wanted to drop a note and comment about technical questions.  While we do monitor the forums regularly, it is our practice to not engage in technical and rules discussion on the open forum.  We find that open forums contain a considerable amount of scrutiny, conjecture and interpretation which does not help us in addressing a particular racers concerns or advance the sport as a whole.

People do receive a great deal of useful information in the forum which we greatly appreciate. Unfortunately they also receive a considerable amount of, for lack of a better word, guff about the rules themselves based on the opinions of races from other venues as they vainly try to justify why people run faster on our 1 1/2 miles than their 5-6-7 miles.  Sorry if that stings, but we are the "Future of Land Speed" for a reason, mainly grip.

Therfore, as we do not wish to enter into conversations that do not advance the sport, we respectfully ask that if you would like an answer from the LTA on a technical matter, please direct the question to our technical team at:

http://lta-lsr.com/aboutus.aspx

Thank you from the LTA
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:43:47 AM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
Re: TECHINCAL QUESTIONS
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 10:33:25 PM »
I would say that your observation is true but I repsectfully disagree with your premise. People will always disagree with what venue suits them best. But I for one have learned a lot from reading the back and forth discussions over rules, tech,  and venues. I, like many others, can spot the extreme views and filter them appropriately. I cannot tell you the number of things I have learned from reading forum dicussions on topics I had not even thought about.

I hear you have a great venue and it is on my list to race there someday. It's a long tow from south Florida and the more I can leanr about your rules, tech and venue on this forum the more likely I am to show up and be prepared to race by your rules.   

Bill
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline dw230

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 08:36:37 PM »
Tim,

I respect your venue and the advancement the LTA, ECTA and others have done for LSR.

But, lets admit it - its more fun to ask a question here and get 17 answers from 12 people than go to the source.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 10:48:08 PM »
This coming 2013 LTA event is something we are looking forward to and trying to plan on. That being said -  I would agree with Bill in the notion that interaction between racers from different venues can be very informative.  You are talking to the racers from that event.  What could be better if you are planning on making the time & expense to attend a different venue.     Its a long tow from Chicago too -
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline olepaw

Re: TECHNICAL QUESTIONS
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 09:05:07 PM »
Hello I think I have registered to run July 2017 . I have run ecta C/GC last couple of meets ,are rules such as safety the same? Belts good for 5 years fire bottle .I have one 10 lb. I think that's it. Car is over built. Thanks for any suggestions Jim
D/CGC record Ohio mile
G/GC   record Ohio mile
H/GC   record Ohio mile
E/FSS  record Ohio mile C/GC TRYING

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: TECHNICAL QUESTIONS
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 10:00:28 PM »
Jim,

Basic information about running at Loring here:  http://www.loringtiming.com/race

Complete 2016 rules can be accessed by clicking on the box on the right of the page. 

These should answer most of your questions, anything more specific would probably be best addressed to the appropriate contact person as listed on the site.

One word of caution - if you will be traveling up I-95  from the South don't get over excited when you cross over the bridge from NH into Maine, it's still nearly 380 mi to Loring!  Course and the people make the drive well worth  it.  My dream calendar for this season has all 3 meets highlighted, hope to catch up with you when you can make it.

Ed

Offline Frank06

Re:
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 10:02:36 PM »
Hi Jim,
The best thing is to peruse the rule book, found online at www.loringtiming.com then post up or email one of the Contacts if any specific questions.  Thanks, Frank
E-Racer