Author Topic: N2O vendor?  (Read 3600 times)

Offline metalracing

• New folks
N2O vendor?
« on: March 28, 2011, 01:26:37 AM »
I hope im in the right spot for this. Is there going to be any vendors for nitrous at speed week? Just trying to decide if i need to get a refill kit.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: N2O vendor?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 11:27:51 AM »
Don't count on a vendor being at Bonneville - at least for SpeedWeek and World Finals and World of Speed.  I don't know if there's a nitrous vendor at the Bub's event.

A few years ago a shop set up out there to see if there was enough of a market for refilling nitrous bottles - and evidently found there was not enough demand.  The shop hasn't been back since then.

I know of a few racers that will fill your bottles for you - but they're private parties and will make sure they've got enough for their needs before filling for other racers.

So - if you've got it, take your own mother bottle and refilling kit.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 01:05:42 AM »
We bought a pump and took it to Bonneville for several years, never used it  :-o
Take a large storage bottle, and whatever size you plan to run plus a scale to make sure you are filling the amount you need.  Leave the large bottle out in the sun for an hour before filling time, be sure to monitor pressure.  Put the small one in the cooler, that will drop the pressure, hook em together and the high pressure of the big bottle will fill the little cold bottle, just be careful to monitor weight and don't fill too fast.  Generally the little bottle will fully fill before it gets warm enough to match the big bottle pressure, if not, toss it in the cooler again. 
The pump station took a compressor and 30 minutes to fill a ten, the hot cold method is easier and faster.
Good luck with the juice...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline metalracing

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 01:53:11 PM »
Thanks seldom and stainless, I'll find a mother bottle and play with it a bit before i get to the salt seems easy enough.