Author Topic: The Mormon Missile Streamliner  (Read 11995 times)

Offline Heebie Jeebies

• New folks
Re: The Mormon Missile Streamliner
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 12:41:42 PM »
Nathan,

I have one in a shorter distance than that. One of Mark's El Mirage videos has Dale Martin sitting on his bike at the starting line, and he just falls over - like that guy on the trike on the old Laugh In tv show.

DW

I think Dale was really embarrassed about that fall.  There’s a little bit more to the story.  Dale had made some changes to his shift linkage (at least I think that what he said) and when he tried to put his foot on the foot peg it wouldn’t fit between the peg and shifter.  When he fell Dale didn't realize some fuel drained out the fuel tank. He got back in line, for what he thought would be a record run, he only make it about half mile down the course before he ran out fuel……not a good day for a great competitor…..

Buzz
Marred by indecision; Vision is blurred, Confidence deteriorates and Progress stagnates.

“It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.” Henry David Thoreau

Offline Uncle Jimbo

Re: The Mormon Missile Streamliner
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 09:00:05 PM »
Great video of an exciting run.  I liked  the interview at the end, and where he says - "I just wanted to beat those collage guys" - Says something special.
Thanks for posting the video link.

Jimbo
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664