Author Topic: 2011 AMA rulebook?  (Read 8835 times)

Offline maj

Re: 2011 AMA rulebook?
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2011, 05:54:44 PM »
new build  since Bubs, developed a lot more since this pic

and as i need it to conform to both AMA and SCTA i will need replacable panels , all easier to do here before i ship it to the US rather than hack it up when i'm there

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2011, 06:39:25 PM »
Tom from your photo, it looks like the top of your fender area is too high. UNLESS you use a rear thick cushion to get the distance from the top of the cushion to the top of the fender less than 5".
Like I said, there will be a lot of confusion here, so I urge the AMA inspectors to issue a drawing that shows definitively what that section means.

Don

The 5" rule is for M class bikes only is it not? That was my memory. Also, I was told they could measure the 5" from the bottom of the seat pan, not necessarily from the top of the pad. Guess I need to read those parts over again. Mine passes, just need to know what the lines are.
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2011, 07:28:58 PM »
It looks like the rules for open class "M" and "A" are the same. The wording is identical for both classes.

"Any aerodynamic aid at the rear of the motorcycle (including the riders seat/tail section), shall not extend past the most rearward edge of the rear tire, should not be higher than 5 inches above the lowest section of the top of the seat cushion or seat base if no cushion is used"

Don

550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2011, 07:54:06 PM »
That is the same rule that was decided on last year so it should not come as a shock to anybody. It was in the supplemental rules.

This is what was published last year:

http://www.speedtrialsbybub.com/2010_event/AMA-BUB-Aerodynamic-Clarification-UPDATED080910.pdf

If you built your bike to 2010 rules you are fine as nothing has changed as far as rear fenders go.
My bad!  I didn't compete in the "A" class last year, so I didn't pay attention to the "supplemental rules" that were issued in June.  I used, instead, the 2010 rulebook that is on the BUB website. But I'm still confused by the statement "fenders must meet the criteria in 7.D. to be excluded from this rule."  As I appear to meet the criteria in 7.D., does that mean I am excluded from this new rule?  Wishful thinking.
Tom
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline Eurogeek Moto

• New folks
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2011, 09:14:35 PM »
Can you shed any light on AMA's opinion on helmet certification and there viable lifespan?
Thanks, Larry

Larry,

I would have to quote the rule book for this.

2. L. (III) HELMET
It is the sole responsibility of the participant to select a helmet that provides appropriate protection and to maintain its fitness and condition.

Curtis
AMA/FIM Technical Steward for BUB time trials