Author Topic: JFK Timing Cover and Crank/cam driver water pumps  (Read 22458 times)

Offline zenndog

JFK Timing Cover and Crank/cam driver water pumps
« on: March 15, 2011, 02:12:35 PM »
     I have a bunch of NOS JFK timing covers and water pumps. I don't know if there is an interest in these items here but I found a thread that mentioned these parts so I thought I would post a thread.I have listed the crank driver water pumps and timing covers on e-bay. I will donate 10% of sale to this site if you don't use e-bay. I have another type of cover which is set up for belt driven accessories like an aviaid oil pump etc. I have many different kinds of cam drives for use with various types of gear drives. I don't know if i am a small business but I couldn't figure out how to list in that section.
     My father worked at JFK in the 70's and just purchased all the old inventory for these items and we are sorting it out. Love to hear from people who used this equipment. Would love any photos of installations. Would love to hear from anybody with questions or comments.
     We have the old stock to sell and if interest is good we may start making new parts once the old stock gets low.

Here are the links to the e-bay listings. Contact me through this site or through e-bay with questions. If you buy from me direct I will donate 10% to this site, just contact me through this site, don't buy from e-bay.

Thanks, Zenon

JFK timing cover for crank/cam driven accessories w/ water pump
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270712691331#ht_551wt_1165

Crank driven water pump for JFK timing cover
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270713728854#ht_500wt_1182

Water pump rebuild kit for JFK/Lehman water pump
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270713710007#ht_500wt_1182

Replacement impeller for JFK/Lehman water pump
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270713715085#ht_500wt_1182

Offline Bob Drury

Re: JFK Timing Cover and Crank/cam driver water pumps
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 07:01:32 PM »
  I have run a belt drive JFK for fourteen years......... work's great...........  Bob
Bob Drury

Offline zenndog

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 02:05:32 AM »
Thanks Bob for the input. Can you send  me a pic or post a pic here. I have to sort through boxes of parts and partial blue prints, incomplete or scribbled notes for all this stuff. I have the belt drive parts but very hard to tell what the different mounting plates are for. Just beginning to sort through the belt drive stuff and any pics may help. Don't think most of this stuff was touched for at least 10 years. Zenon

Offline desotoman

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 02:10:43 AM »
Did you get any of their KDK type tool holders, collet closers, or accessories?  I used to go by their place on San Fernando Road and one day it was closed, and never reopened.

Tom G.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 02:12:21 AM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline zenndog

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 12:51:21 PM »
     We only have the timing cover components. As far as I know they are still in business. I will find out for you, and pm you with contact info, or if they don't deal direct you can order the parts through me if you give me the part numbers. Did you know Jack and Wilma?

Desotoman-We actually have some hand collet closers that were made for Royal products but they don't sell them anymore. They are 100% made in the USA. Let me know what you need. I also have many different types of 5c collets, mainly external types in steel or aluminum with machinable jaws. We manufacture machine tools so once the webmaster lets me know how to set up as a small business I will post a catalogue if people are interested in work holding devices made in the USA.

Offline jdincau

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 01:14:36 PM »
KDK was doing business recently but I see by their web site
 http://www.kdktools.com/
they have closed their doors. Too bad, I really liked their QC holders.
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

Offline desotoman

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 01:19:40 AM »

Did you know Jack and Wilma?

I was only in the shop about 10 times, but both Jack and Wilma were always great people and very helpful. Jack one time took me on a tour, and showed me all his sprint cars, then took me to the shop in the back where they made the Collet Closers.

If I hear of anyone needing some Royal parts I will direct them your way. Keep us posted on the catalog.

Thanks,

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline zenndog

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 03:50:03 AM »
Well I have been chatting with Seldom seen slim via e-mail and have made a donation to the site.

I didn't think about selling tools here, I am just responding to comments. I am going to find out what we can sell machine tool wise and I will list it and see if people are interested.

I have often read about dry lakes racing, day dreamed about dry lakes racing. I own a couple old cars that I have tinkered with. I found my way to this forum searching for traces that JFK ever made these performance parts.

Its late, I am going to bed.

Offline racergeo

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 01:08:18 AM »
 I just bought a couple pumps any rebuild kits left?