Author Topic: Anyone have pics of 9778 fbmmp Orange truck  (Read 11259 times)

Offline JRT CUSTOMS

• New folks
Anyone have pics of 9778 fbmmp Orange truck
« on: March 14, 2011, 12:01:00 PM »
Looking for any pics or videos you may have on the orange nissan truck that was running in 2010 at Loring.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:33:24 PM by JRT CUSTOMS »

Offline JRT CUSTOMS

• New folks
Re: Anyone have pics of 9778 fbmmp Orange truck
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 07:49:32 PM »

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 10:04:28 PM »
Did you answer your own question?

Really nice-looking pickup, but what look like aftermarket panels that I don't think would be legal in SCTA -- but who cares?  You can run F-E-D-C-B-A-AA 'til your money runs out.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 10:31:53 PM »
Did you answer your own question?

Really nice-looking pickup, but what look like aftermarket panels that I don't think would be legal in SCTA -- but who cares?  You can run F-E-D-C-B-A-AA 'til your money runs out.

Stan

Stan,,, now be nice,,, this is a Loring thread (ya know East Coast)...

I will bring my East Coast built junker Stude out there and you can poke fun at it when I am in your play ground LOL.

Take Care.. see ya in the Summer...

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline JRT CUSTOMS

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 03:36:09 PM »
I didn't realise there was so many cry baby's in this sport.  Maybe i just wont waste my time in going at all :(

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 03:55:40 PM »
So, you built it, right?  You put videos of it on utube, right?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1102&bih=713&q=jrt%20customs&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbs=vid:1&source=og&sa=N&tab=wv

It's not the typical vehicle we see in LSR.  Some of us aren't really sure if your request is legitimate (not saying that it isn't mind you).

How about telling us a little about yourself and the truck?  You might get a better response.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 04:30:04 PM »
The owner of this truck is a local Caribou guy named Jason . The truck is very well built, is as much a show vehicle as a race vehicle. Jason and his family and friends showed up last year to race, but had to return to his shop to make some minor mods to pass tech  and returned ,ready to be teched. Unfortunately, the LTA didn't reinspect him until late in the day. Being The LTA Guy then , I take responsibility for this slipping through the cracks deal. We did eventually get him to the head of the line, where he made his maiden run, which was cut short by I believe a malfunctioning Oil pump.
He is a newbie, a genuine Hot Rodder, and lives and works in the area.
Jason, please do not either misinterpret remarks on this list, it's all either sarcasm or somewhat competitive inside-type humor. Nobody purposely is demeaning your effort.
You are as welcome as anybody to race at LTA 2011, and when you do spend time in the pits, you will experience the real camaraderie this sport is famous for.
Although I no longer am involved in the LTA organization, I will guarantee that they feel the same way as I do. 
See you in July !!
Bob W   

Offline desotoman

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 04:43:57 PM »

Looking for any pics or videos you may have on the orange nissan truck that was running in 2010 at Loring.

I guess I don't understand the question either after watching the 8 plus minute video. Looked to me like a lot of the pictures in the video were from Loring. Maybe you might want to rephrase the question, something like does anyone have any video's of my truck when it ran at Loring last year. Just a thought. 

Tom G.

PS. I don't think Stan was being a cry baby, he was just being Stan.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Geo

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 05:06:42 PM »
Jason,

That's a beautiful truck!  :cheers:

Don't concern yourself with Stan.  He does not like the color Green, and he is color blind!  :evil:

Geo

Offline JRT CUSTOMS

• New folks
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 06:13:19 PM »
 Well let me rephrase the question.  Yes I am the owner and builder of this truck. And what i was looking for is pics that anyone might have from the loring  2010 event. The pics I have found on the net from members are just so much better quality then what i took with my cheap camera.
    I have received many emails in the last few days from members on here about my truck being over modified and i shouldn't even be running it here.. That's why i posted the cry babies remark. All I'm looking to do is have fun and see what it can do for a top speed.

The only run i got to make in 2010 was a tease to me due to losing all oil pressure and computer shutting down the engine... After looking further into the issue it was just a bad sending unit. So was looking forward to 2011 to try again. Sorry for any inconvenience

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 06:23:55 PM »
It's no inconvenience.  What speeds are you hoping for??

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline dick elliott

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 08:44:40 PM »
Looks like the cage is not legal. There are no rear facing bars from the top of the main loop. All the pick-ups I know of, have the bars through the back window.
Its better to be a has been, than a never was.

Offline dw230

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 09:39:26 PM »
Must be legal for Loring. He ran it last year.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 10:49:01 PM »
He ran the truck (okay, it almost made a run).  He wants to see a video of the run.  That's why, after he showed us what truck it was, he showed us the interior, the bed and the engine compartment in case any of us took pictures of the run from in there.  We found out it was hurriedly classified in a Land Racing kind of class so he could run.  No problem there.  But be careful, don't even suggest that in the future he conform to the rules -- or run just Time Only with his beautiful machine.  Maybe he should show up at Bristol this weekend and just jump in.  Be careful, thin skin.  Missed the video -- a lot of stroke-a-folk?

Stan  
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:58:24 PM by Stan Back »
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline JRT CUSTOMS

• New folks
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 11:08:07 PM »
Stan don't be a penile device... :x Come to loring this year and talk to me in person like a man....  Loring is 5 Min's away from my house and shop here in Caribou. I built this truck for myself and only me not you. Its was built to drive on the street when i wanted to play and Drag Racing at New England Dragway in NH. I figured since you guys was all gonna come up here and put on this AWESOME event that i would give it a try. I had no idea what was needed. So i showed up and turned to some of you for help. I did make a full run of 125 mph for my rookie run.

Over the winter I have made many changes to meet the rules so don't get your panties in a bunch. I now have a parachute,  two 5 lbs halon fire suppression systems, Steel wheels, 1" lug nuts and everything else the rule book requirements.