Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097356 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #2550 on: July 29, 2018, 09:42:16 AM »
Yea Sid  I think that if I get better than 7 pulling this gooseneck I will be lucky--  but if I go 65 instead of 75  :|
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #2551 on: July 29, 2018, 11:06:27 AM »
...-" if you are going to work the ponies you have to feed them"   :-D  we are planning on working them!

Might want to stay away from the ponies on the road this trip  8-)  Don't want one to end up as a hood ornament, like on the one trip to the salt  :wink:

Sumner
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 11:09:51 AM by Sumner »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2552 on: July 29, 2018, 11:45:52 AM »
We now go through SLC to decrease our chances of 4 hooves Mustangs 120 miles farther but less stressful
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2553 on: August 02, 2018, 11:40:03 PM »
We have fired the car-- the trans shifts as we run through the gears the counter counts---we have some bugs with our homemade shift light---but progress is being made!!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2554 on: August 05, 2018, 08:14:11 AM »
Well hours and hours later the brand new RPM shift window device from MSD didn't provide the ground to activate our homemade LED shift light---but a $120. MSD shift light from Ram Jet Speed Shop--solved the problem.   I try to buy as much as I can from them,  less than 5 miles from the house,  may pay slightly more but sure try to have stuff that serious racers need---I think we are serious :-D

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2555 on: August 05, 2018, 11:23:55 AM »
Yeah you look kinda serious from out here Mate! :mrgreen:
  Sid.

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #2556 on: August 06, 2018, 09:51:25 AM »
Scary serious!   :x :x :cheers: :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2557 on: August 06, 2018, 10:36:24 AM »
Go Sparky!!!!!.
Wishing you all the best. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2558 on: August 07, 2018, 01:15:26 AM »
WE are getting closer and closer---put the chutes and Fire bottles in tonight and Andy made up new plug wires

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2559 on: August 16, 2018, 11:22:38 AM »
We had Gremlins all week---including a split radiator tank on the drivers side of the Tow truck climbing out to the river canyon as we got badk to Az S. of LV  truck is down in Kingman, we got a rent car to get to Phoenix we are now home and we are looking for a radiator.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2560 on: August 16, 2018, 09:40:19 PM »
Hectic. Sorry to hear that Sparky.

I hope you come right. :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2561 on: August 19, 2018, 02:15:01 PM »
Well, they found A radiator in Ten. at a GMC Dealership  and I am putting new hoses on it that were also found in Tn.  Waiting for them to show up...

My oldest son Bill was our driver.  We made our Class Change 175 MPH pass on Course 2 pulled the chutes at the 3 as required.  When we drove up Bill was complaining he was only able to shift the Liberty once.  Our shifts are flip the switch which arms the trans and puts into 1st gear, we then shift the GV which is our 2nd then we shift the liberty which is our 3, ect ect ect ..When I shut the CO2 bottle off the valve rotated on the bottle first---we had leaked the entire 1000# of gas---hence the no shift, to our 4th.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2562 on: August 25, 2018, 09:23:51 PM »
 :-D  Well the truck, trailer, and Ms Liberty are finally in my back yard----so much drama caused by a 40 year old trailer that will not work with new pickups because of the hitch hight..  hence a 2001 truck with an 8.1 and Allison.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2563 on: August 26, 2018, 03:52:52 PM »
The final 300 miles reminded me of the old U-Haul add--
-Adventures in moving---
When I put the truck in the shop I had asked for all new hoses---well my gut was spot on---but one problem---they didn't replace the hoses and we had run out of time!   So after about 100 miles yesterday on a long extended climb in 3 gear 4200 rpm the heater hose violent split and instantly hot and into limp home and I was barely able to get almost of the pavement.  when it stopped steaming we were able to get the hose off cut the return heater hose and put a hose clamp we had in our parts box.  We had 4 gallons of distilled water left on board..we tried to get it to take the water but there must have be a steam bubble we had started and stopped the eng several times trying to get it to take the water.  WE ASSUMED it was finally full after it stopped pucking the water out.  But we hadn't gone 5 miles I had a low coolant light come on--this time I had a good place to pull over.  The  only water we had left was bottled drinking water----but having lived in AZ for nearly 15 years we had water stashed every where in the cooler in the truck cab under all of the seats in Linda's car.  This time it  didn't spit water back and we were able to fill it up with 2 small bottles left over!  We stopped at the first store we came to, with the intention to get some water reserves---they wanted 3.39 per gallon but had 20 pounds of ice for 3.29---go figure- :-D :-D  we bought the ice

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2564 on: September 02, 2018, 10:01:50 PM »
Well we are trying to figure out why we were stuck in the 250-265 range  we were apparently never able to get the trans to shift past 3 gear---we found a broken cap screw that holds the spring for 5 gear shift lever. It holds it in neutral until it is it turn---we will be calling Liberty on Tues. trying to get some insights.  new systems lots of gremlins.