Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1102243 times)

Offline kiwi belly tank

Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #2535 on: July 22, 2018, 02:02:16 AM »
Paint it with epoxy resin to seal it up, it'll be fine.
  Sid.

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #2536 on: July 23, 2018, 01:13:54 PM »
Like the axle covers and especially the vertical tire "shields" or are they "barge boards"? What ever. I think I see your plan. Sorry I won't see you at Speed Week but I will follow your progress on line. Go fast Sparky!!

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2537 on: July 23, 2018, 11:02:42 PM »
my version of a triple tailed Connie  :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #2538 on: July 24, 2018, 12:59:58 AM »
Say what? :?
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2539 on: July 24, 2018, 02:27:22 AM »
Lockheed Constellation. 8-)
  Sid.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2540 on: July 24, 2018, 08:49:30 AM »
C'mon, Jack -- don't you remember the Constellation?  President Eisenhower's presidential plane was a Connie named "Columbine". :roll:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2541 on: July 24, 2018, 01:45:33 PM »
Triple-tailed Connie?

Wasn't that the nickname for the siamese-siamese triplets from Canada?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 01:50:09 PM by Stan Back »
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2542 on: July 24, 2018, 01:55:11 PM »
sick, sick, sick, BUT  ROTFLMAO --  none the less-- :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2543 on: July 24, 2018, 02:05:15 PM »
Well new lessons learned, Starting a new eng by squirting fuel on top of the throttle blades does not work the same with a tunnel ram as a single plane .

Looks like we will have to prime the carbs like we do the dry sump.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2544 on: July 25, 2018, 12:00:42 AM »
We used our electric drill trick to run the fuel pump and got all leaks stopped from our new tunnel ram system----the once we got the dist in the correct position it fired right off and sound GREAT---but the timing light flash wasn't in the right position--research and correction coming up :-D

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #2545 on: July 25, 2018, 11:05:18 AM »
C'mon, Jack -- don't you remember the Constellation?  President Eisenhower's presidential plane was a Connie named "Columbine". :roll:

I worked as a ramp serviceman for TWA at the time they went all jet (first airline to do that) and worked the last Connie as it went through St. Louis on the way to be decommissioned.

Sparky you and Francis and whoever else you have helping are doing good  :cheers:,

Sum

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #2546 on: July 25, 2018, 11:44:46 AM »
Flew on one in "52". DC3 from Des Moines to KC, then a Connie to LA. Stews let me set in first class so I could watch the pilots (open cockpit doors then) and the propellers. Loved it.

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2547 on: July 25, 2018, 02:54:26 PM »
Francis, had a family member that also worked for PanAm and he loved to tell the Company joke about how they had to phase out the triple tail Connie because their aging pilots just could not keep up with 3 tail pieces!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2548 on: July 28, 2018, 11:51:42 PM »
Andy and I had a great day in the shop we are almost done with installing a 50 gal aux tank and a trans oil cooler in the 2001 8.1 that we put 4.56 gears and are rigging out for a tow/push truck  everything should be great except for the fuel bill---as I like to say---" if you are going to work the ponies you have to feed them"   :-D  we are planning on working them!

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2549 on: July 29, 2018, 12:39:31 AM »
A good 8.1 will do 8.1 to the gallon, you myta hurt that number a bit Mate!  :mrgreen:
  Sid.