Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097374 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #2505 on: May 04, 2018, 04:46:11 PM »
Sid I bleed more out of my legs now---my depth precption is lousy with these blended trifocals my shins look like I have been wading in the briar patch.  Rex  I tried to feed by hammer but it only resulted in a big blood blister in the web of my left hand.  :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2506 on: May 05, 2018, 02:10:12 AM »
Rex gets to take "a couple of days off"! How would that be!
My boss is a slave driver, I'm not allowed days off.  :-P :dhorse:  :roll:
  Sid.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2507 on: May 10, 2018, 11:13:34 AM »
Francis is supposed to come up tomorrow and we will fit the wing--most of the sheet metal rework is now done on the back of the car---will be much easier to go through inspection.   Still have lots to do including installing the 2.26 gears in the 8.8  picts to come
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2508 on: May 14, 2018, 12:04:06 PM »
pulled out the 8.8 for Marty to put the 2.26s in it --also will be putting new 4.56 gears in the 8100 pull truck with the 5 speed Allison we will be doing about 2550 at 70 mph

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2509 on: May 21, 2018, 08:44:20 AM »
My oldest son was by Sat. and we worked on adapting and installing a converter harvest out of an old rv to charge the battery bank when the generator is running.  He was passing through town on his way to CA for official FRA bus.

Sumner and Dottie are in town ,to be present to Kathy who fell and wrecked  a knee, and he came over yesterday to assist with SHEET METAL-- are scheduled to bang some more-- some day this week. It sure helps when you have assistance, with this kind of stuff.  Thanks to all who have helped.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2510 on: May 22, 2018, 11:55:29 AM »
Sum and I had a good 4 hours yesterday---modifying the sheet metal to fit the new scoop and to make it easier to get on and off---

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2511 on: May 25, 2018, 12:38:41 AM »
progress

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #2512 on: May 25, 2018, 02:45:19 AM »
Love the header treatment!!!   Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2513 on: May 25, 2018, 03:27:41 AM »
That's a big cannon there Sparky! :-D
  Sid.

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #2514 on: May 25, 2018, 09:26:30 AM »
Sparky your build has been hacked!  :-o Someone posted pictures on your build! :x
Sorta, kinda, maybe even looks like what I thought your lakester looked like!  :-D :cheers: :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2515 on: May 25, 2018, 10:06:05 AM »
Woody---sorta--kinda-- is correct-- but I didn't have the $3000 to do the exhaust you cleaned it up with---so I  went with individual stacks the engine simulator program liked so much.

If it looks like we may have a racing surface in the future AND I get some more loose change I will engage you to design a more aero intake system.   I am exploring the rear diffuser but wanted to run with the axle fairings first.

Thanks Rex---the exhaust may prompt a new name for Ms Liberty ---maybe -- Starship Liberty

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2516 on: May 25, 2018, 10:08:49 AM »
Sid it is a 105mm

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2517 on: May 26, 2018, 12:13:48 PM »
Rex-- I hope the individual stacks also change the exhaust note---I hope it will not sound JUST like another high hp roadster going down the track

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2518 on: May 28, 2018, 01:02:51 AM »
had a good day cutting and fitting lots of "paper dolls"  will see if I can't practice enough to tig some of it together tomorrow

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2519 on: June 01, 2018, 08:15:48 AM »
This has been discussed before  I think  but

I am unhappy with the weather strip tape that I have for a canopy seal.

Is there some gasket in a tube that does not cure as hard as the ultra seal type?