Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097339 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #2475 on: October 06, 2017, 11:42:36 PM »
 :-D   Well we have finally shifted the trans---we have checked out the clutch an we will definitely be able to change the relationship of clutch depression vs when the trans shifts---Saint Francis definitely did a nice job with his design---very straight forward in how one changes it.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2476 on: October 12, 2017, 06:41:25 AM »
back to bracket racing but now we are making brackets for the speed sensors front wheel both rear wheels and the drive shaft getting closer
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #2477 on: October 12, 2017, 10:05:20 AM »
Sparky
If I understand your post, sensors on both rear wheels and driveshaft  :? :? :?

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2478 on: October 12, 2017, 01:11:17 PM »
yes we want to be able to see how much front and rear clutch slip we have and how much wheel spin we have

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2479 on: October 21, 2017, 12:16:15 AM »
We will post pictures this week end---we have a system that will shift the trans and we think it is real close the being adjusted correctly Francis and I had a very good day

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2480 on: November 05, 2017, 01:46:28 AM »
looking for an unknown thump  :-o

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2481 on: November 07, 2017, 12:46:22 PM »
The Thump must have been my hard head---- I have not been able to replicate it again--

On another hard headed note---I got caught up in Apple's fight with our Deep State govt. and lost all of my phone contacts..

Please call or text me at 602-762-2211 if you wouldn't mind me having your phone number---thanks Sparky
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 09:29:42 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2482 on: December 23, 2017, 11:42:53 AM »
Well,  we are progressing the thump was in the dry sump pump.. Francis and I are working on fairings for the axles and will try to post pictures..My job is to modify the outer body panels Francis will build the NACA 66012 fairings out of metal reinforced wooden ribs and fiberglass coverings.  We will run the rear with about -8 degs. attack angle and when we build the front they will be -3.

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #2483 on: December 23, 2017, 05:06:14 PM »
Sparky,
I am pretty sure that you already have this in your axle/aero plan but if you need additional down force you should make up a number of "wicker bills" AKA Gurney strips of different height and make provisions to be able to attach to the trailing edge of the wing section. Pretty good increase in down force with not much drag penalty.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2484 on: December 23, 2017, 11:32:01 PM »
Francis is out front on this --he tells me our trailing edge is going to be metal so that we can do just that

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2485 on: March 01, 2018, 10:53:34 PM »
We are getting close to have a new 54" front axle so that we can get the frt tires out side of the inner plane of the rear tires mounted  on the new rear 8.8 axle.

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #2486 on: March 02, 2018, 01:56:49 PM »
Love your plan, pictures soon????

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2487 on: March 11, 2018, 07:00:11 PM »
Rex  picts soon--we now have LED shop lights---yeah we can see more

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #2488 on: March 12, 2018, 12:06:20 PM »
The new lights should help you find your camera - just saying............ :-D
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2489 on: March 22, 2018, 12:11:23 AM »
Special thanks to Marty for the great welding and to Podunk for the axle tube bore job.  The 8.8 Pickup axle has a 3.25 OD tube.  We then used a 3" .500 wall tube and turned it down to go inside the factory tube that Podunk a squared up by boring it.  As you can see we pushed it all the way into the housing until it stopped.  This set up for a very strong welds and a very strong axle.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 12:29:38 AM by SPARKY »