Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097400 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #2430 on: June 05, 2017, 07:04:56 PM »
PJ that is what I do most of the time---but Rex I have a water spray bottle to help also.  But I used the wet rag to straighten a bent axle shaft.

it looks like these tubes a pushed in under pressure you can pick up the distortion with the naked eye.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2431 on: June 07, 2017, 05:07:51 PM »
How much air cleaner to filter 500 HP worth of air
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2432 on: June 07, 2017, 07:28:20 PM »
To you – 35-dolla.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Podunk

« Reply #2433 on: June 07, 2017, 09:12:13 PM »
Sparky,
Maybe the bores in the rear center section are not accurately square to the center line of the pinion and inline with each other. Since you are replacing axle tubes remachining  bores inline with each other and square to pinion in the right location is not a big deal. Then turn new axle tubes to suit new bores. 
Terry

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2434 on: June 08, 2017, 12:50:48 AM »
To you – 35-dolla.

Me love you long time!!!!. :-D

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #2435 on: June 08, 2017, 09:43:22 AM »
How much air cleaner to filter 500 HP worth of air

Air filter Selection: https://www.knfilters.com/filter_facts.htm#RACING
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2436 on: June 09, 2017, 01:58:57 AM »
 :cheers: yippee

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2437 on: June 09, 2017, 03:20:09 AM »
Francis came up today and we had a long day in the shop getting started on the Target "5%"  hood scoop--lots of noodle time, measuring, cutting fitting and cutting some more.  Ms. Liberty is going to looks so different than before!!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2438 on: June 28, 2017, 12:55:48 AM »
What the heck is going on with suppliers---you call and give them an order they take your money, and then give bogus info about when your order was shipped----or they try to and then you find out that over half of the order was going to be back ordered---then no call as to when it could be shipped.---This is crazy---are we soon going to be trying to race with no SALT and no Hot Rods!!

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2439 on: June 28, 2017, 03:09:39 AM »
I have an old pedal bike Sparky, see you on the Utah Dirt Flats & I'll race you for beer's. :-P
  Sid.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2440 on: July 01, 2017, 02:26:15 PM »
PoDunk  does good work

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2441 on: July 01, 2017, 05:39:54 PM »
this is what I was trying to post

We now will have axles that are parallel to each other Thanks to Mr. Podunk

Looking forward to getting the center section back and building the axle

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 05:43:48 PM by SPARKY »

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2442 on: July 02, 2017, 03:10:20 AM »
He does and I bet there's some good luck built in as well.
Looks good Sparky. :cheers:

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #2443 on: July 02, 2017, 07:42:08 AM »
PoDunk  does good work

I will second that, Sparky.

John

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2444 on: July 07, 2017, 01:23:11 AM »
Francis is working on the hood scoop and I worked on the new exhaust system