Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097317 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #2370 on: March 09, 2017, 06:37:48 AM »
Contrary about the mistress Dr. Goggles Ms. Liberty can be rather demanding of my time at times like these.

Thank goodness for the internet and this site---it looks like that stackable Innovate's SSI-4 PLUS and their free Logworks software will let me put together the number of rotating channels and other sensors to log the clutches stroke and slip we think we may need to get the data that Dynoroom insists on instead of just our opinions. We are late to the table with a manual transmission -- hopefully we will have a track to run on this year.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 06:40:37 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2371 on: March 20, 2017, 09:17:18 PM »
repurpose of parts---sold my 4150 blow through and turning it in to Eaton's True track 8.8 custom 33 spline and a pair of axles.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #2372 on: March 21, 2017, 04:18:25 AM »
repurpose of parts---sold my 4150 blow through and turning it in to Eaton's True track 8.8 custom 33 spline and a pair of axles.

I need to shop where you shop
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2373 on: March 21, 2017, 11:38:32 AM »
Grum- I am not saying I didn't have to pay a little out of pocket but not much Eaton had the True Track  on sale

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2374 on: March 26, 2017, 07:35:21 PM »
We are slowly getting the parts lined out for the 2.26 geared 8.8 rear axle we will likely have to modify the cooling  water tank.  Final decisions are being made on the cam

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2375 on: March 26, 2017, 10:21:24 PM »
Get a cam with 16 bumps on it Sparky! :-D
  Sid.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2376 on: March 26, 2017, 11:45:42 PM »
Sid  I have learned that trick already  :-D when you do the 4-7 swap they some times loose count :?

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2377 on: April 08, 2017, 08:53:48 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76LbvnoIDkE

Here is a upbeat message from Down Under of hope and pressing on!!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 09:00:45 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2378 on: April 13, 2017, 09:18:26 AM »
Well  as you guys may suspect---things are moving is almost frozen molasses -----Waiting on pistons---people not paying attention to what you are trying to give them a heads up about---5 weeks later---Sparky we have a problem------

Makes one want to scream yeah I tried to give you a heads up----but past experiences remind me to bit my tongue knowing my wallet is going to be lighter than it would have to have been---Ie Podunk and my experience with Goodyear and their new LSR "Car Tires"

So I now have a "Spare Set" of Oliver Rods 6.700 2.200 BBC rods---why---because we can get rods faster than Pistons  it not like I will not be able to most likely use them sometime in the future---but---grrrrrrrr

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2379 on: April 13, 2017, 06:42:23 PM »
I feel for you brother.
I hope things improve.
You've been around the LSR scene for a long time so I can't give advice.
Someone said "Patience" and I've learned the hard way. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
You'll be OK. I have faith.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2380 on: April 14, 2017, 11:38:51 AM »
Mike I am ok---just frustrated that I tried to let them know we were going to be right up against to CU IN class break --and gave into the human condition of wanting to WHINE and sing
 "Woe is Me" ----does nothing more than some times gets it off ones chest--  instead of doing the clean up bore of the block first  and verifying the exact stroke  then repair block and order pistons they ASSUMED--the NEW 427 factory crank I had actually came out to a 3.766 stroke which then came out to a 503 cu in we went with a dyno time only aftermarket 3.75 crank  ---only problem it has SBC crank pins---hence the new rods

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #2381 on: April 14, 2017, 06:02:23 PM »
You are not alone, Sparky. It is why I have so many "spares" hanging around the garage.

John

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2382 on: April 15, 2017, 01:14:31 AM »
LOL  John---you are so right---most likely we have been down this road before---usually because we screwed up---not the "professionals" especially after we had stressed the displacement break--  again just wallowing in my own self pitty for brief spell!!!!!!!!!!!!!
happens to most of us from time to time--maybe that is why I just can't get enough of this song from time to time!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76LbvnoIDkE

Offline Podunk

« Reply #2383 on: April 15, 2017, 04:16:53 PM »
Sparky, those button things don't work. A buddy of mine bought one a couple of years ago. Been pushing the button every day. Still can't get it up.

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2384 on: April 15, 2017, 09:24:44 PM »
Sparky, those button things don't work. A buddy of mine bought one a couple of years ago. Been pushing the button every day. Still can't get it up.

here, I think this one has a money back guarantee, might even work as a defibrilator :wink:
http://www.allvetsupply.com/elforbu.html
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.