Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097220 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #2280 on: August 26, 2016, 10:19:16 AM »
Sparky said:  "...not to mention the bank account...".

Foul!  No Fair! Sparky, how can you be a racer if you've got a bank account?  Most of us, I think, have given up after having the banker to call so many times 'cause we had to buy another set of pistons or something.  Now we just keep a handful of cash under the blankets for when Brown Santa comes calling. . . :roll:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2281 on: August 28, 2016, 10:12:32 PM »
Went down to see Sr. Francis today---he has his beautiful '29 roadster out of the trailer and in the "Barn"-- he is working on it--  mounting a Mag on a SJ 2000 2.0L cam getting ready to see if it likes fuel!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2282 on: August 30, 2016, 11:21:08 PM »
Just about got thinks drained and removed so that I can pull the Dry sump pump off and see if any metal has gone through the gears==it is till hotter than blazes here in AZ
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2283 on: August 31, 2016, 02:58:58 PM »
Just about got thinks drained and removed so that I can pull the Dry sump pump off and see if any metal has gone through the gears==it is till hotter than blazes here in AZ
I went out on a breakdown at 6am & had to turn the heater on so it's getting cool here in Blazes ID. :-D
  Sid.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2284 on: August 31, 2016, 03:24:23 PM »
Sid yeah I know about the cooling off down to 102 deg. F today in St.George. Stay warm.
Heading for the salt in a few days.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2285 on: August 31, 2016, 07:49:41 PM »
See you there young man! :cheers:
  Sid.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2286 on: September 15, 2016, 01:18:37 AM »
Been moving right along---getting the dry sump rebuilt---bout the pump off ebay  :-D  it had the wrong section for the oil pump for a BBC

Barnes told me it was very common for Nascar teams to use the 1.200 for the oil pressure section---but I need at the very least the 1 3/8 section for a B'ville BBC especially with my valve spring oilers and piston crown oilers.

Have a new kid helping me some--ZACK  wants to be an engineer what really is outstanding ---a 15 year old that doesn't mind getting dirty and greasy---we changed out the front diff.-- we will have a 4x4 again---but with 4.10s instead of 3.73s---10% more towing power  :-D

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2287 on: September 15, 2016, 07:05:14 AM »
Those kids are 1 in a million. Hang onto Zack. He sounds like a good kid. :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2288 on: September 18, 2016, 03:26:24 PM »
He is a great kid---so far--- but he has 5 years to go  :-D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 12:50:47 PM by SPARKY »

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2289 on: September 19, 2016, 02:39:51 AM »
Allister was my go to kid. Lived down the road. He was 12 and could outwork any grown up I know.
His dad taught him well and he took to BS from any other kid in the area. Pitty he moved but i did give him a nice going away present.
He got my used CP reciprocating saw. I miss the guy who must be about 20 by now. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2290 on: September 26, 2016, 12:55:59 PM »
Ms Liberty is in the barn getting her rear end transplant from her wide track 2.14 to the narrowed 2.73 ---so she can get down and dirty in the EL Mo dust bowl  :-D

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2291 on: October 01, 2016, 09:31:53 AM »
Done---will get the back cleaned up today and the El Mo chutes ---should have Miss Liberty back in the box by mid week

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2292 on: October 21, 2016, 03:25:34 PM »
car ready to load Zack and I will load her this afternoon  after lunch straighten up the trailer Zack will be here at three---wish you guys could have seen his eyes when we fired yesterday afternoon!!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2293 on: October 21, 2016, 11:36:28 PM »
All the best Sparky. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2294 on: October 24, 2016, 02:59:59 PM »
Well we continue to chip away at STUFF including lisc. up we got in WT first pass and we were so for down we left early because of Weather we do not know if we would have ben able to get in a 150-175 pass but we will be back  I maybe able go in Nov to get the car two line qualified.