Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097720 times)

gkabbt

Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #2265 on: August 21, 2016, 05:56:22 PM »

Sparky, Don't know if you've seen these in my picture post thread but here are some pics I took of MS LIBERTY right after I introduced myself to you:

REALLY GOOD to put a face with a name.  :cheers:

Here is the link to my picture post thread:
http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,16228.0.html

Gregg

« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 06:29:05 PM by gkabbt »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2266 on: August 21, 2016, 07:31:11 PM »
Likewise---thanks for the pict post
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2267 on: August 22, 2016, 04:39:27 PM »
Finally, thanks Gregg!!!!.
Sparky, that car has F4 written all over it.
All we need are Hueys.

Happy for you man. She has character like no other. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2268 on: August 22, 2016, 10:14:30 PM »
Thanks Mike---we are very pleased with how she and we did with the conditions  --Bill said she hunted and drifted around some but one would expect that with the round tires and ruts.---We are now ready to gussie her up some and start working on the power adders.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2269 on: August 23, 2016, 04:13:17 PM »
John copied this from somewhere may be Woody's  gives a good idea of size and shape
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 04:15:09 PM by SPARKY »

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #2270 on: August 23, 2016, 06:27:49 PM »
Sparky,
I know you were real busy at the salt and maybe didn't get to see all of the cars but the number 1429 rear engine modified roadster that "Krusty" crews on has the absolute neatest aero covering for the front axle. Regretfully I did not get a pic maybe Vic (Krusty) or some one that happen to take a pic of the front axle would add it here. Your car looks great and "ready"!

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

gkabbt

« Reply #2271 on: August 23, 2016, 07:24:43 PM »

I got several shots of Vic's car but did not get a close-up of the front end.
Maybe these will help a little:

If he has this car at Wilmington next month, I'll be sure to get pics of the front.

Gregg

gkabbt

« Reply #2272 on: August 23, 2016, 07:51:00 PM »

Sparky,  PM me your email address and I'll send you these pics in "LARGE" format. You will be able to zoom in a see in better detail.

Gregg

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2273 on: August 23, 2016, 09:17:01 PM »
Looks to me that there's some sort of contrivance going on -- only slipperier.

I still can see the roadster (if you look hard) -- better than most of the RMRs.

Someone refresh my memory -- what's the difference between them and the lakesters?

Two records in the book speak for the effort on not the best track available.  More to come later, I'd bet.

Things have sure progressed over the last 10 years.  The overall quality of the cars is so superior.  Now they just need to get the Baja suspension to cap it off.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

gkabbt

« Reply #2274 on: August 24, 2016, 07:44:10 AM »

Sparky, pictures sent.

Gregg

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2275 on: August 24, 2016, 10:23:23 AM »
Francis and I studied the Contrivance frt. fairings closely---we are planning on a "wing root fairing" against the body,---we think we sorta know how it will be  we would like to do something similar to Contrivance out at the wheel side . 

We plan on 3 sections:  the body side being permanent the center being removable and the wheel side permanent -- we need a space for the tow bar and jack

We really do welcome ideas and suggestions as we move forward ---

as PP says "Thinking fast always"
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 09:34:53 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2276 on: August 25, 2016, 09:37:49 AM »
we to lunch yesterday with Al Eshenbaugh,  Fast Freddy D. and several other LSR interested racers who have raced most of their lives

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2277 on: August 25, 2016, 09:51:47 AM »
How was it?. Great I hope. Did they serve up some pre season fried Yankees?!!!!
Sparky, good to hear you're getting out some. You need that brother, :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2278 on: August 25, 2016, 09:54:49 AM »
really, really informative for someone who has never run fuel or allky in a race eng.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2279 on: August 26, 2016, 10:01:38 AM »
Well it has taken a while to get back to normal after all the excitement of finally getting to run a fairly good car on a marginal track..

But while the body has been slow to come around from the sunburn and fatigue---my mind has been going crazy trying to decide what all to do to the car to "clean & speed it up"

Ohhh I forgot to mention the juggle with all of life's little challenges---not to mention the bank account