Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097467 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #2250 on: August 06, 2016, 03:12:33 PM »
 :-D  We had a great day in the shop,---cold compression test-- 5 identical-- one down 2--- and 2 8 above  168-158  set the valves----watered her up--- put fuel in it---fired off with no leaks---couldn't believe it-- first time ever with no leaks   few things to do---check toein  ect ect 

then start working on the trailer and such
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 03:16:59 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2251 on: August 07, 2016, 03:17:40 PM »
Wow  I am starting to get pumped
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2252 on: August 07, 2016, 11:52:41 PM »
off and on all daaay long  Andy and I had a good day and the D-Backs won today in a weird game!!!!!!!!  The Brewers pitcher had back to back throwing errors!!! First he over threw the catcher allowing a run to score ---the very next play he over threw 1st

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2253 on: August 10, 2016, 11:28:15 AM »
Well Today is Loading Thrash Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #2254 on: August 10, 2016, 06:37:49 PM »
Awesome Sparky! Safe travels, and we'll see you there.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2255 on: August 10, 2016, 09:36:26 PM »
Sparky, I hope you had a few hot dogs with your "D Back" victory
and how you found time to prep the race car and watch the ball game is beyond me
but you're the MAN!!!.
All the best, have a blast. :cheers: :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2256 on: August 11, 2016, 01:59:38 AM »
Mike OLD guys have to pace---work  1.5 hours-- rest .5-to .75---then back to work  some times they are reversed :-D

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2257 on: August 11, 2016, 06:34:36 AM »
Ja, but old guys work smart (i'm praying I get smart). :-D
Not far behind you brother and I like baseball too but you'll
hate me if you know who my team is. :evil:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2258 on: August 11, 2016, 09:04:23 AM »
DA YANKEES---not you my man but them---lol  everyone loves to hate the Yankess!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2259 on: August 11, 2016, 09:07:55 AM »
We will be on the road in 3 hours---stopping in Las Vegas to pickup a spare Goodyear Motorcycle tire (2904)---(they think they are car tires) to run on the front of  Ms. Liberty

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2260 on: August 11, 2016, 09:24:02 AM »
Red Sox!!!!!!!!!
Who are the Yankees?.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2261 on: August 20, 2016, 12:33:48 PM »
We are back in Phoenix---after a successful MEET-

Got to see the old car RATICAL  and what a wonderful job John has done spiffing it up  and one time we were side by side in line and next to us on the return road after a run.

-met  people who have followed our build---and others that we have followed their build as they have followed ours

Bill and Marty successfully completed their rookie orientation and rookie  runs--- 

Andy and Marty and John had to return to Phoenix on Wed. AM

Francis and I helped Bill get in 2 AA runs on Wed.

All and All we had 5 issues with the car--- 3 were caused by the rough tracks and especially by the rough return roads----the salt was just so thin-- there was almost nothing to work with.. 

We had a water leak that dissolved the 1/2 inch of salt under it---to the mud.

We had a broken aux battery bracket that damaged the skin under the nose

We had a starter spring go bad

We had vibration break a chute release pull cable---I had way too heavy of a pull handle on it--will be up graded this winter

We had a chute fail to inflate on the first lis run because of some tape we were using on the "D" bag that slid up and chocked the canopy from inflating..

All in All could not be happier with our team, and our car handling and the way it was handled by the drivers.

We feel we have a stable car that we will now spend the time and effort to get Ms Liberty "gussied up"

Oh by the way my son has taken the LIBERTY of calling us the "lost in translation" race team!!!  He seems to think that Francis and I are  deprived of communicational skills---especially his pops----who me!!!!!!

« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 09:27:05 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2262 on: August 21, 2016, 09:30:16 AM »
So much to do---so little time---

Got to get the push trucks 4.10 front diff in--- so that we can push off in 4WD we need to get our 1/4speed up-- the car does not pull off well be low 30-35 MPH

Got the chutes washed this AM they are drying
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 09:32:55 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2263 on: August 21, 2016, 09:34:46 AM »
Mike---Red Sox---

so you do hate the Yankees

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2264 on: August 21, 2016, 10:03:20 AM »
Glad you got to run without any major problems and got home safely. :cheers:
Who are the Yankees!. Do the play tennis?. :-D Yeah I hate them. :evil: