Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097599 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #2220 on: June 30, 2016, 08:26:34 AM »
We are really getting pumped up  just the thought of being able to run with no visibility issues and see what this car will do!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2221 on: July 05, 2016, 12:55:17 AM »
just getting the small stuff done---bought two ground tarps today at Chi-com central today
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2222 on: July 05, 2016, 01:02:15 AM »
Gee Sparky, not military surplus????. I'm surprised. :-D

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #2223 on: July 05, 2016, 09:13:06 AM »
just getting the small stuff done---bought two ground tarps today at Chi-com central today

Let's see, Walmart, Harbor Freight or Northern Tool.
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2224 on: July 05, 2016, 10:26:44 AM »
WD  I am addicted to HF my friend Las Vegas Jim Price calls it he Devils Work Shop

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2225 on: July 14, 2016, 10:07:58 PM »
Well in the AM  Ms Liberty is getting --as our Limey friend Ann Rutherford, used to Say "TARTED UP"

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2226 on: July 15, 2016, 09:51:18 AM »
And they say you can't put lipstick on a pig!!!   :roll:
We will expect pictures  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #2227 on: July 15, 2016, 10:42:00 AM »
Real progress: Started & Tarted! :-D Mz Liberty's new shoes really raised the bar!  :-o :-o :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2228 on: July 18, 2016, 12:15:22 PM »
Well the "arteest" has been a 4 day no show  :cry:  Marty is coming by this AM to pick up the axle---we are taking the excess camber out of it.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2229 on: July 20, 2016, 03:14:37 AM »
Well the Arteest showed up today the back of the trailer is now ready for ART!!!!!! 

Al E. came by today and picked up a Triple nickel casting I had --he is going to run the 4 cyl at B'ville this year and wanted to GO back to OLD school with a 1956 head!!

I had a good afternoon and evening in the shop and now have the brake lines and Backing plates moved  and the 2.14 wide axle installed

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2230 on: July 21, 2016, 01:36:05 AM »
Sparky, we need some photos here man!!! :-D
Good to hear you're on top of it. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2231 on: July 21, 2016, 08:54:44 AM »
Well when we get something besides primer on stuff I will post the "art"  and Marty has not brought the axle back with out the primer---I could post picts. of the stainless tubing that I harvested from the remains of the stainless kitchen stuff we harvested that is going into the cooling system.  But that is boring!! Did finish swapping the 2.14 gear rear axle and will get the cooling finished today if all goes well.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 01:56:31 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2232 on: July 30, 2016, 02:02:56 PM »
Well Andy and I had a 21/2 hours last night we got the cooling water tank remounted, and all of the new stainless tubing cut to length and almost installed.

I have repurposed what was going to be the intercooler pump to one that we can off pump hot water into several 5 gal. jugs so that we will be able to change the cooling water and hot lap if we get an opportunity as Bill Jr. and Marty lisc. up. I should be able to post picts. of the new wheels and tires if all goes well today.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2233 on: July 31, 2016, 11:22:35 AM »
Andy and I had another productive night, got the fancy (no scrub radius) PODUNK wheels and tires on last night---installed on the axle that Marty modified---wahlla---they sit nice and straight vertically straight--

When the camera battery recharges we will have picts

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2234 on: July 31, 2016, 11:43:38 AM »
We can see your excitement oozing out here young man, looks like there's a dance to got to. :cheers:
  Sid.