Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097236 times)

Offline kiwi belly tank

Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #2205 on: June 13, 2016, 10:46:05 PM »
If anything gets to run on the salt this year I'll be there. I can't remember what your feathers looked like bitch....I mean Mate! :-D
If they're anything close to an F-105 I'd say yep adoodle!
  Sid.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2206 on: June 15, 2016, 01:08:17 AM »
Well we lucked out  we dusted off the roof air on this thing and it hasn't run in about 15 years-- it creaked, groaned, squealed,  blew dirt then lo and behold it started blowing cold air  :-D  next up is the alarm system
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2207 on: June 15, 2016, 09:44:07 AM »
Calling around yesterday trying to get insights about one thing, I think I had a nugget dropped on me about something else --I will be calling a manufacture about that something today,  as to do with valve train stability.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #2208 on: June 16, 2016, 06:39:13 PM »
Have you considered surgery? :evil:
  Sid.

I've had surgery to make both my legs the same length. Although pleased with the results, I still can't drive our lakester
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2209 on: June 19, 2016, 09:31:40 PM »
We now have laundry baskets to hang on the tail feathers ---after a run we will hang the laundry basket over the tail fin and we should be good to go when we hook up the tow bar to the frt axle no more having to ride in an un sprung car for 15 miles at B'ville.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2210 on: June 23, 2016, 10:58:28 PM »
Sid---you look'em good

the tail feathers of my nose piece?

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2211 on: June 23, 2016, 11:23:14 PM »
Totally different to my 105 stuff, thanks any way Mate.
  Sid.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2212 on: June 24, 2016, 10:07:12 PM »
Francis came up and we were busy in the shop today finally got the new wheels and tires on Ms Liberty---Thanks Podunk---should be ZERO scrub radius
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 10:08:59 PM by SPARKY »

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #2213 on: June 25, 2016, 02:42:10 AM »
Looks like very low tire-to-ground friction.
Will you also be reducing aero drag with discs on the inboard side of the wheels?
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2214 on: June 25, 2016, 11:44:54 AM »
eventually we will Jack---we are just now finally getting to run this thing with no visability  issues once wil get it running straight and true we will begin to try to "clean up our act" and "tart up"

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2215 on: June 25, 2016, 12:13:26 PM »
Beautiful wheels and tires, Sparky :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:!!!!!!!!

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #2216 on: June 26, 2016, 09:38:52 AM »
Ms Liberty got a new pair of shoes!  :-o Hope to see her [and you] at the Salt Flats Ball in August!  :cheers: :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2217 on: June 26, 2016, 09:49:33 AM »
As we get closer and closer to having a car that WORKS---ie we go through inspection, go down the track, bring it home and have less and less that we feel compelled to change- let alone have to fix

We are getting closer and closer to the tweaks that will clean her up aero wise and for the eyes. 

Yesterday I changed the chutes out for B'Vill and the several other small time consuming things.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 12:37:02 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2218 on: June 26, 2016, 12:44:52 PM »
Dug out my 30" Mickeys---we will not have to change the rear end to lisc. up---to AA  ---  YEAH!!!

if we have a decent track we should be able to run all out on a 3 mile and should be in the 275-300 range on exit if all goes well.

We will have 2 rookie drivers and I need to make a 250+ to lisc back up. Remember by the rules you go down a level every 3 years.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2219 on: June 26, 2016, 04:21:53 PM »
 :cry:  well the best laid plans----

We get to un do what I did yesterday by changing back the chutes!!!!!!