Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097239 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #2130 on: February 20, 2016, 05:01:42 PM »
No Bill Ratcliff of Lillian Texas--- Arlington Four Wheel Drive---the most knowledgeable "Gear Guy" I have ever met!!  A true wealth of knowledge!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 05:03:34 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2131 on: February 20, 2016, 05:08:25 PM »
Marty cut the ends off tacked the Ford housing ends on dropped by Thursday night.  I was on CL last night and scored a 9" a guy was running in his 66 Chev PU  already had after market rear axels with a 4.89  posi in it

I will use the drum brakes  from it and will use the rest for $$$$$$$$$$$
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2132 on: February 23, 2016, 03:16:55 PM »
Geee'z Craigs List is about as bad a HF  I was cruising around a ran across a listing about a 1977 Conseco Car hauler--Sale Pending  good price  I let the guy know I might be a player depending up on the dimensions---long stor short this guy Dan and his buddy baught it out of the Ernie I. estate sale in CA. along with most all of the Ford Indy camer stuff spring of 2006.  It has been a storage trailer for the last ten years but Ms Liberty will fit inside barely .

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #2133 on: February 23, 2016, 05:03:28 PM »
Stainless still has the long trailer.
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2134 on: February 23, 2016, 08:15:09 PM »
How long is it?

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2135 on: February 24, 2016, 05:12:12 PM »
40 foot gooseneck I think....
call if you need specifics  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2136 on: February 24, 2016, 06:50:39 PM »
Mine is a 1977 Conejo 35'  what brand is yours.

Is anyone familiar with this brand of trailers?

Offline 37str

• New folks
« Reply #2137 on: February 25, 2016, 02:57:35 PM »
Sparky,

Conejo is a great trailer.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2138 on: February 25, 2016, 05:24:44 PM »
Haulmark Elite 2 40 ft, 3 axles... currently full of fiberglass pieces and other junk...  :|
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2139 on: March 02, 2016, 11:38:09 AM »
progress is being made--batteries bought, key made,  switch replaced

--wowie-- zowie--back ramp goes up and down 

Called Marty and he came by with one of the axles turned down ready to be re-splined for the El M axle

My job of the day is to wire in some fuses and finish the re wiring that Marty had to do on the pump wiring on the front hyd ram that raises the trailer for hooking up.

Hopefully we will be able to start the re-spline soon.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2140 on: March 04, 2016, 08:37:43 AM »
Started on checking out the trailer wiring will need for some rewire replacing a few lens and fixtures.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2141 on: March 04, 2016, 08:58:40 AM »
axle update
01  this is the remains of a Ford 9" yoke that had 28 splines  cut it down to 1.750 and we were the axle to use a piece of 1.750 dom tubing as an alignment tool
02 & 03 the remains of a GM 4x4 frt. axle shaft and bearing that he used to mount the old 4 jaw chuck to
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 09:09:35 AM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2142 on: March 04, 2016, 09:11:51 AM »
mounted up

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #2143 on: March 04, 2016, 10:01:35 AM »
You may want to look into getting those axles heat treated after you've resplined them. I've had experience with doing 9" Ford axles in the past and without heat treatment they'd shear off right where they entered the side gears.

Good luck.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2144 on: March 04, 2016, 01:43:03 PM »
Will look into it