Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097365 times)

Offline tauruck

Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #2100 on: September 16, 2015, 06:45:49 PM »
Today I was ready to walk away for the thousandth time. :-D
This is for men only and I feel like a mouse lately.
BTW, the guy who said he had that 2.14 ratio set for me is unreachable.
Hope he's OK.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2101 on: October 02, 2015, 09:42:03 PM »
Hopefully he will show back up and deliver!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2102 on: October 02, 2015, 09:46:49 PM »
John came over today and we put the race tires on, put it on the floor and started the evaluation process.

We have fairly good visibility over the nose. He could see my sneakers at about 80' but we are restrained by the 10 deg. slope of the windscreens distortion and the upper fiberglass that we were trying to shield the panel from sun light .
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 11:04:00 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2103 on: October 03, 2015, 11:06:30 AM »
There is hope--- it was less than 80 F  at 7:00 Am---  it actually felt chilly when I put up the flag this AM!  :-D  So much for global warming!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2104 on: October 10, 2015, 12:21:02 PM »
Francis came up and Doug Robinson came down and we had a "visibility session".  It will soon be
 whack-a-doddle time once again as Ms. Liberty will receives  plastic surgery from Sir Francis..

I am going to cut 2" out the tank top so that the front part of the canopy can be lowered two inches.
This will leave a flat area on top of the tank but we will be able to see forward much easier. 

We are still looking at various other canopy windscreen changes---
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 03:45:25 PM by SPARKY »

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #2105 on: October 10, 2015, 03:18:50 PM »
Sparky, can you cut a long, skinny wedge lengthwise out of the upper front and weld it up again. That would lower the body surface and at the same time retain the curve. I think the aero would be much happier!  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2106 on: October 10, 2015, 03:47:50 PM »
PJ you are correct but we want to make this a removable panel and the frame under there will not allow us to tighten the circle that much.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2107 on: October 28, 2015, 11:26:25 AM »
Well I know what I have to do---I have a plan---I just have to get brave enough to --put the whack-a-doodle to MS Liberty's nose ---barely 2 years old and we are doing corrective surgery--  what a gal

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2108 on: October 28, 2015, 11:36:28 AM »
Is that 2 car years or 2 dog years or even 2 cat years?  Maybe the nose is really, like, 18 years old and so the cosmetic surgery isn't quite so rash and early.  Yeah, that's it -- think of her in dog years.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2109 on: October 28, 2015, 01:01:29 PM »
That's harsh Jon. :-D

If I had the bucks I'd get over there to help you Sparky!!!!. :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2110 on: October 28, 2015, 02:43:49 PM »
like wise   :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2111 on: November 03, 2015, 08:44:21 PM »
Well Sumner came by this morning and we spent most of the day noodling planning and cutting on Ms Liberty's nose  picts to follow

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #2112 on: November 04, 2015, 11:32:09 AM »
Well Sumner came by this morning and we spent most of the day noodling planning and cutting on Ms Liberty's nose  picts to follow

One picture...

... and I am late to work at Sparky's so I had better get going,

Sum

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2113 on: November 04, 2015, 05:58:22 PM »
The weather must be good out there guys!.
T shirts and shorts in November. :-D

I can see where you're going with that nose job.
Hope it turns out great.

God Bless.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2114 on: November 04, 2015, 06:49:36 PM »
This is AZ afterall