Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097229 times)

Offline tauruck

Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #2085 on: September 12, 2015, 02:14:17 AM »
Good luck Sparky.
Safe trip and great runs. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I'm holding my breath for good news.
God Bless you guys. :wink:

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #2086 on: September 12, 2015, 09:26:50 AM »
Window 10 - really?  :? :-o :? :-o Maybe someone at Elmo can get us all a picture of the mystery canopy!  :-D :-D :-D
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline maj

« Reply #2087 on: September 13, 2015, 01:14:58 AM »
Sparky good to put a face to a name today
Hope tomorrows runs are all smooth sailing

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2088 on: September 14, 2015, 02:57:20 AM »
Like wise Maj---it was very good to meet you---we didn't have smooth sailing we had visibility issues-- hence a 109 MPH pass and a safe stop far ---we have glare and distortion issues---major evaluation and possibiliy-we will be going back to the drawing board on driver position.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2089 on: September 14, 2015, 11:23:08 AM »
Being able to see out is way overrated  :roll: but don't forget record runs are in the morning and the sun can play havoc.... how about smoked lexan?

See you one of these days... You and Linda are welcome to visit me and Linda  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline RichFox

« Reply #2090 on: September 14, 2015, 11:36:29 AM »
It looks a lot slicker. Maybe you could turn it into a show car.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2091 on: September 14, 2015, 12:21:41 PM »
LOL Rich a street racer heart with a show car  :-o
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2092 on: September 14, 2015, 02:01:22 PM »
I know you'll sort it Sparky. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I'm rooting for you man.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2093 on: September 14, 2015, 02:33:43 PM »
well we have
A
B
C
D

Sorta hoping for a combination of AC  :-D

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2094 on: September 15, 2015, 01:35:07 AM »
Well I think we sota need to keep it in the family  looked at the Republic F 105 Thunderchief's  canopies today ---maybe a trapezoid with the wide part at the bottom

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2095 on: September 15, 2015, 11:30:08 AM »
Well I now think I know what A is

A.  Put the car in the shop with the nose point out the door so that bright sun light will shine on it in the mornings simulating an early El M or B'ville run. Put the newest front tires on the front and the smallest tires I have on the back creating a negative rake---worst case possible.  Mount a board across the yard by the back fence to function as a surveyors "stick". Suit up, helmet on,  strap in, shut the canopy, mark the line of sight and field of vision, also test for clearness of vision some how.

B.  Remove the canopy,  repeat the process.

If we need more forward vision we will flat top the nose to increase the down vision

C. Start testing various widths and tints to determine the angle and width and height of the new front canopy panel.

If all of the above do not get us to where we need to be then------ :cry:

D. Yank the nose cone off--- chop the cage off,  raise the driver at least 6 inches and lower the seat by 2 inches for a much more up right seating position

Either one requires modifying the Sir Francis canopy-- one more than the other.

Here is to an interesting off season we are planning on running in Nov with no canopy and a tinted face shield helmet if necessary.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:27:47 PM by SPARKY »

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #2096 on: September 15, 2015, 01:22:06 PM »
SPARKY, Some people do not understand how difficult Liners and Lakesters can be :cheers:
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2097 on: September 15, 2015, 02:30:12 PM »
LOL    I am beginning to think that I am one of them  :-o  ---but as TB and I have talked about many times---
TRADE OFFS  it is all about the trade offs

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2098 on: September 16, 2015, 05:57:37 PM »
You're scaring me now, that's for sure. :-o

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2099 on: September 16, 2015, 06:41:51 PM »
Mike

it is also all about the perseverance  more than anything else it perseverance there are reasons why there are so many unfinished cars---  most problems could have been overcome.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 10:52:33 AM by SPARKY »