Author Topic: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank  (Read 1097209 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: MS LIBERTY a Wild Weasel's belly tank
« Reply #2070 on: August 29, 2015, 11:48:16 AM »
Well---seems like we will be removing the Salt Slicks and installing the Ground Grippers tires if we are going to run this year.  If I can get it all worked out I will be running 23" rear tires to get the gearing more desirable for El M
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2071 on: August 30, 2015, 11:45:10 AM »
Alex came by for 3 hours yesterday---reshuffled the shop 

Now on to a minor thrash for El M.  My oldest son, W T will be a rookie.  We have some things to change to get ready. Francis will be installing-- the clear panel in the car and bringing it up later in the week.  Sumner will be coming down after Labor day and helping with the instrumentation.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #2072 on: August 30, 2015, 03:44:23 PM »
Sparky,
How about a picture of the old girl with her new canopy!

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2073 on: August 31, 2015, 12:17:40 AM »
when Francis brings it up this coming weekend  and we get it on

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2074 on: September 01, 2015, 08:55:53 AM »
Well, now our biggest problem is to get our driver legal---Last year my oldest son W T, who lives in Texas,  joined BNI but he is not a club member -- I am a GG--I noticed they were not on the FAST TRACK  Memberships Clubs listed----  hopefully we can work all that out in time.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2075 on: September 01, 2015, 09:09:29 AM »
Hey Sparky are you keeping your head above water down there?  Heard you had a little rain  :roll:
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2076 on: September 01, 2015, 12:11:44 PM »
not at my place

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2077 on: September 07, 2015, 01:03:20 AM »
Marty came by the other night and did a little alum welding --John came by today and we tied up some loose ends----ta da--- Francis is supposed to bring the canopy up tomorrow and we are going to mount it--- Sum is suppose do be here Tues & Wed--to fire and get the data logging going load Thursday --  Bill flies in Fri Noon---if all goes well 4 of us pull out Sat early am for EL M

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2078 on: September 07, 2015, 11:19:02 PM »
Correction:  Sumner will be here WED!

Francis and I installed the new canopy to day---it will go up and down---

but we had to remove all the instruments we had installed---they hit, hung up, snagged, ripped, most other things  oc

So tomorrow I will relocate most things----Francis and I relocated the Tach into the center of the steering wheel---I will have to relocated the GV shift --the oil pressure and water temp as well as the O2 guage Tue--Sum and I will fire and dial in Wed and Thursday!

Guys I feel so tech challenged ---- I haven't figured out how to down load and post Windows 10 yet

I can see the picts on the camera but I can't get them to the computer yet   :cry:

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #2079 on: September 08, 2015, 01:21:28 PM »
Sparky, you have just given me one more reason not to down load the "free" Windows 10 that Microsoft keeps offering me!  I think it is called "age inhibited".

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline BHR301

« Reply #2080 on: September 08, 2015, 02:39:14 PM »
Hell..I just learned how to use Windows 7..why would I want to start over on 10?   :cheers:

Bill

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #2081 on: September 08, 2015, 03:18:00 PM »
I downloaded Windows 10 and tried it. I reverted to Windows 7 using their built-in feature. That Microsoft built a feature into W 10 so that you could go back to your old operating system within 30 days should tell you something.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2082 on: September 08, 2015, 10:28:33 PM »
My buddy Lee got into computing in 72 and he says that if Microsoft made cars they'd be delivering them without wheels and brakes. :roll:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2083 on: September 09, 2015, 09:11:35 AM »
 :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2084 on: September 12, 2015, 12:41:24 AM »
Well Sum and I have had 2 good days and a thrash today---and Marty came by for the final load out but we are on the trailer for the 3rd time in the last 2 years and hopefully we get to run---we are pumped!!!!

Sir Francis should be here at 5:00 AM and then  we are "off to the races"  :-D